Friday, 7 September 2012

Harvest

I love harvest time, even if it does mean the end of  the summer is finally here. It is just nice seeing the farmers realise the fruits of their labours. It is all part of a farming cycle that has been going on before we were born and will go on after we are all dead. It is all part of nature.


It is something I will never tire of seeing, especially now I live in the countryside and the session and the protection of the farming land means so much to keep this county and country beautiful. it just a shame that it means the end of the summer and the start of the colder months, but I guess without those cold months we wouldn't have a summer and with it the warm months we all love so much.

In Rutland the harvest is a busy time and you can't fail to notice the toil in the fields with tractors and combine-harvesters  working in the fields all bring in the crops we need to feed a nation. Sometimes it holds you up when your driving down a road, but at the end of the day it is just a little thing you have to allow for as you travel from A to B. And is it the end of the world if your journey takes a extra few minutes when what is stopping you is so important.

No comments: