Sunday, 16 February 2014
Horse and Jockey - Manton
Not often do I get to go out for a meal, finances don’t allow for such luxury accept for once in a while, which is a shame when I actually love going out for a meal or going somewhere special to have some fun. This weekend I managed to go to the Horse and Jokey in Manton in Rutland, near Rutland Water.
The pub itself is full of character and the staff were pleasant. It was a good thing we booked because the pub was very busy and we were about to find out why. The food was very good and going by the number of awards I'm sure the beer was too, but driving I wasn't tempted other than having a non-alcoholic shandy which isn't quiet the same.
I went for the Roast Beef and I wasn't disappointed. The meat was cooked to perfection and it came with all the usual trimmings, what was excellent was the horseradish which was just a perfect balance of hotness to go with the meat. Looking around me I could only see happy faces and people with contented tummies. I can well recommend the pub and the food if your in the area and you want a Sunday off from cooking the Sunday Lunch.
The pub itself is full of character and the staff were pleasant. It was a good thing we booked because the pub was very busy and we were about to find out why. The food was very good and going by the number of awards I'm sure the beer was too, but driving I wasn't tempted other than having a non-alcoholic shandy which isn't quiet the same.
I went for the Roast Beef and I wasn't disappointed. The meat was cooked to perfection and it came with all the usual trimmings, what was excellent was the horseradish which was just a perfect balance of hotness to go with the meat. Looking around me I could only see happy faces and people with contented tummies. I can well recommend the pub and the food if your in the area and you want a Sunday off from cooking the Sunday Lunch.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Rutland


No comments:
Post a Comment