Saturday, 17 May 2014
Sad end to the Season
It has been a long season for the blues with some highs and lows. At one point I thought they would be in a automatic promotion place at the end of the season but then they hit lean times and the wind was knocked out of their sails but they rallied and managed to get a playoff place only to be knocked out today, despite being the best of the two sides over two legs, but that is football for you.
The boys have done well this year when you consider all the problems the club has had in recent years. I would have put them middle of the table if I was to be honest and not in one of the play off places. I think if we build on what we have done this year and carry on building the squad we could be in with a good chance of getting a automatic promotion place next year and be assured of a play off place at least.
At last we have a good manager again and a man that wants to see the club go far and I'm sure he can make it happen. Lets home the money problems of the past are just that and we get the new ground too, we are going to need it if we go up at the end of next session.
The boys have done well this year when you consider all the problems the club has had in recent years. I would have put them middle of the table if I was to be honest and not in one of the play off places. I think if we build on what we have done this year and carry on building the squad we could be in with a good chance of getting a automatic promotion place next year and be assured of a play off place at least.
At last we have a good manager again and a man that wants to see the club go far and I'm sure he can make it happen. Lets home the money problems of the past are just that and we get the new ground too, we are going to need it if we go up at the end of next session.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Southend United

No comments:
Post a Comment