Monday, 1 October 2012
Born of Hope
So you have twenty five thousand pounds and you want showcase your work and that of others, why not make a feature film and put it on line. That what it seems a group of people did when they made the film "Born of Hope" based on the work of J.R.Tolkin.
It is a great example of what you can do with next to nothing in this internet age. If you have a good idea, a good script and actors and you end up with something like this. I won't spoil the film by talking about the story line, but I will say it is worth watching. I really hope all those that took part in the filme do well, some of them unemployed actors and film makers. It is a great showcase for their work.
If you want to watch the film then it is avaliable on YouTube just follow this link. It is worth the time and effort if you are a fanatsy fan, but don't expect the effects to be as good as that of it's fifty plus million of it Peter Jackson conterparts but the musical score is lovely as is the direction and the acting. I can assure you, it is a lot better than a lot of simular type fantasy productions that come out of the US television industry costing a lot more that are shown over here.
It is a great example of what you can do with next to nothing in this internet age. If you have a good idea, a good script and actors and you end up with something like this. I won't spoil the film by talking about the story line, but I will say it is worth watching. I really hope all those that took part in the filme do well, some of them unemployed actors and film makers. It is a great showcase for their work.
If you want to watch the film then it is avaliable on YouTube just follow this link. It is worth the time and effort if you are a fanatsy fan, but don't expect the effects to be as good as that of it's fifty plus million of it Peter Jackson conterparts but the musical score is lovely as is the direction and the acting. I can assure you, it is a lot better than a lot of simular type fantasy productions that come out of the US television industry costing a lot more that are shown over here.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Film
No comments:
Post a Comment