Saturday, 11 May 2013
Damien Rice
I have wondered for a while what to do with this blog to get it started and get me back to writing. So remembering the old artist of the week slot from many moons ago I thought I would start with a music post, from a artist I first heard while driving up north on the A1 and listening to Radio 1 late on a Sunday evening, many moons ago.
The song I heard that day was 9 Crimes by Damien Rice and the song just haunted me for weeks. Since that day I have grown more and more found of his music and the Irish music scene in general, you just have to look though the blog to notice that. The song I have picked for the post is called "Blowers Daughter" and I heard it just after discovering Damien Rice, in fact it was the second of his songs I heard. It has many interpretations and moves people in different ways and I will let you workout your own meaning for the song. I know what mine is.
I started the wrong way round listening to his albums starting with the last album he released and I have just managed to pick up his first album while I was browsing though some cheap CD’s while shopping at the supermarket. Now I own that CD and I’m sure will have many hours of pleasure listening too it. It is the sort of music you can listen to in the evening and lose yourself in the music and the lyrics, and that is just what I plan to do with it, in those moments I find myself alone.
Damien Rice has only realsed two studio albums to date, and I hope that one day soon we might get another one, but for now the two albums I now own will do just fine.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Artist of the Week,
Thoughts
1 comment:
Of course we will hear some new material from him, it's a question of waiting. But many artists these days seem to be realising new material and its the artists that were around and big many years ago bringing stuff out.
Just have patience.
Post a Comment