Saturday, 25 May 2013

Lucy

I thought I had better right this down before I just thought it was all a dream. I spent a lovely two hours with little Lucy. The first time I had seen her since the end of last summer. It been far too long to be away from one of your children that you once expected to see every day until she found her wings and left home and she was all grown up.




 

Seeing her again was like a dream come ture. To say I missed her all these months is the mother of all understatements. So playing with her again, chatting to her, cuddling her and having her sit on my lap was magical, even if it was only for a short while. What made it perfect was we had the weather on our side, it was a glorious day which was just made better by our smiles and our laughter. We drove to a small village park we had to oursleves and we played and played, it was like no time had past, we just carried on from where we left off.

It is funny to think that around 28th/29th of the month I moved to Rutland five years ago, to bring up a family in the countryside. If anyone had told me that my life would be like it is now I would never have believed them in a million years. I would never have guessed I would have been parted from my little one for more than a day, or at worse a few days. How things change, but one thing is always there, as I found out today, love. You can't take that away you can only give it to those you hold dear in life. Hold on to your love and it will keep you going even when times seem dark and grey, for the people you love always matter. Can't wait to see her again.