Thursday, 5 June 2014
Dara Ó Briain - Mock the Week
You can't have missed this wonderful Irish Comic on television over the years in shows like "The Apprentice: You're Fired!" and of course "Mock the Week" which believe it or not has now been going for over 9 years, with the new series starting 12th June 2014 (A date to pencil in your dairy).
Mock the Week is topical celebrity panel game which is based around improvised topical stand-up comedy based around stories and headlines in the news, which was created by the makers of "Whose Line is it Anyway?". It can at best be hilariously funny and at worse keep you chuckling from the start of the show until the end, with Dara Ó Briain being the perfect and funny host of the show. For a topical game show it is up there with the best you can find on British television at the moment.
By all accounts Dara Ó Briain, as well as being a presenter is a fine live comedian by all accounts and attracts the intellectual audience with his smart nerdy observational style and quick thinking. From the reviews I have read and what people have said I know I would enjoy his live shows. He certainly is someone I would love to see the stage, something I miss from the past caused having children and then when I came to Rutland children and no babysitter.
In recent years the show has taken a bit of flack in the press, with some comedians claiming it is scripted, however if it is or not is irrelevant as long as it makes you laugh. Lets hope it isn't unlucky series 13 and after the new series there will be more commissioned by the BBC, presented arguably by Britain's favorite Irishman.
Mock the Week is topical celebrity panel game which is based around improvised topical stand-up comedy based around stories and headlines in the news, which was created by the makers of "Whose Line is it Anyway?". It can at best be hilariously funny and at worse keep you chuckling from the start of the show until the end, with Dara Ó Briain being the perfect and funny host of the show. For a topical game show it is up there with the best you can find on British television at the moment.
By all accounts Dara Ó Briain, as well as being a presenter is a fine live comedian by all accounts and attracts the intellectual audience with his smart nerdy observational style and quick thinking. From the reviews I have read and what people have said I know I would enjoy his live shows. He certainly is someone I would love to see the stage, something I miss from the past caused having children and then when I came to Rutland children and no babysitter.
In recent years the show has taken a bit of flack in the press, with some comedians claiming it is scripted, however if it is or not is irrelevant as long as it makes you laugh. Lets hope it isn't unlucky series 13 and after the new series there will be more commissioned by the BBC, presented arguably by Britain's favorite Irishman.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
TV

No comments:
Post a Comment