Monday, 1 September 2014
First Day of Autumn
Today is the first day of autumn as defined by the Metrological Office, although for those that love the summer some say it really doesn't start to after the autumn equinox on the 23rd September. Thankfully the weather is on the turn and before we get to the start of of the autumn weather. If the weather forecasters are right we should have a good start to September.
Soon the morning will hopefully be fully of beautiful sunrises and the trees will be changing colour and turning from green to browns, red and yellows. Already the countryside has changed as the harvest has been completed and the farmers get ready to plough the fields and get the soil ready for next years crops. Soon all the summer greens in the fields will be replaced by browns as the land rests until spring.
Although I don't like the coming of the dark nights and knowing that the weather is going to change, I still look past this at the autumn and love the beauty of the countryside as it turns from one season to another. It is really is a nice way to end the year before the cold months of winter descend upon us. Hopefully I will post some pictures next month of some of the sights I have seen.
Soon the morning will hopefully be fully of beautiful sunrises and the trees will be changing colour and turning from green to browns, red and yellows. Already the countryside has changed as the harvest has been completed and the farmers get ready to plough the fields and get the soil ready for next years crops. Soon all the summer greens in the fields will be replaced by browns as the land rests until spring.
Although I don't like the coming of the dark nights and knowing that the weather is going to change, I still look past this at the autumn and love the beauty of the countryside as it turns from one season to another. It is really is a nice way to end the year before the cold months of winter descend upon us. Hopefully I will post some pictures next month of some of the sights I have seen.
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment