Sunday, 31 July 2011
Happy Places
I guess like many people I read my horoscope although I'm not sure why. If they ever came true I been through the depths of hell, been promoted several times, been through several relationships and been on the way to get all I wanted in life until I returned to hell and so on. If you read your own horoscope you will know what I mean. If you life was like the horoscope you would be staring in your own soap opera.
Today's stars were rather interesting not because of the future they tried to predict more about what they said about life in general the human mind and the memories we have.
It was taking about the places or experiences we all have that put you in a state of serenity. It gave examples like being by the sea, simple things like just having a quiet cup of tea or coffee first thing in the morning, or special times. Anything that really brings you comfort and memories of happy times and contentment. It suggested that by thinking about these places we can get into the same state of mind as we were at the time those memories were formed, and that is what I should to be doing today to gain inspiration.
I know I have many of such memories, a few of them very very special while others just give me that nice feeling. The same sort of feeling I had in the park the other weekend when I just realised the pleasure of just sitting and watching the girls play. I'm sure we all have those memories and if you look within yourself and you think hard enough you will find something from the past that makes you smile and feel at peace. With those memories come a feeling restfulness and clarity, just like those that can be evoked by people that teach relaxation techniques. It is in this state that you see things without the rubbish that surrounds them as long as you can focus totally on the event itself. It is where you can find the truth if your mind isn't troubled and clear. It is this state the horoscopes talks about where inspiration can be found today.
For once I liked my horoscope for the reason I could see the benefits of what they were saying. I'm not sure I did well at finding inspiration but I did find that restful place. For some things I need a miracle and I don't think I will find the solution to those, well not just yet, but it might help me see things clearly. It's not something I going to give up on as I idea. I remember the benefits on mediation and anything is worth a try.
[Picture Credit: Unknown]
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Thoughts

No comments:
Post a Comment