Tuesday, 2 August 2011
Books - David Eddings
A few days ago I was looking through by paperbacks sitting on the shelf in the downstairs toilet which we call the library and I was drawn to the books of David Eddings. a wonderful story teller who is no longer with us whose legacy lives on in his writing.
I first read his books when I was twenty one. For some reason I was in W.H.Smiths and I came across the first of the Belgariad series of books and read the first page. From that moment I was hooked and took the book happily off to the cash desk. A day later I was in the same bookshop buying the rest of the series after spending the whole evening into the early hours of the morning reading the first book in the series. A week later with a smile on my face I put down the last book and wondering where my life had gone for a week.
You might ask what I found so interesting about the books other than the fact they are fantasy novels. Well that is a simple question with a simple answer. It was the writing. The way the story teller conjured up images and his observation of life and people that the narrative conveyed. The books are just so well put together and the pace at which the main story line runs is almost perfect. The whole series of books takes you on a journey and it flows off of the page taking you along with it. Once you start on that journey you just read and read, never wanting to stop for a rest. There are not many stories I have read cover to cover and book to book like this one and if you are a fan fantasy novels this has to be for you.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Books

No comments:
Post a Comment