As the oven was hot I used it to roast a gammon joint for dinner which we had with vegetables in in white savoury sauce and new potatoes. The vegetables in the sauce turned out to be a success. Everyone loved them and it made a nice change from plain vegetables. The mixtures of favours worked well together and that combined with the cakes the girls had cooked dinner got the thumbs up from everyone.
Friday, 12 August 2011
Poorly Me
Nothing serious or that will last too long, hopefully, but I have a bad neck today. It will mean that this post is rather shorter than they are normally when Lucy is with us and I haven't taken many pictures of our day. It is best if I rest it and that means not straining it any more today. I want it better in the morning so it doesn't interfere with my time with all the girls.
The morning started with the lovely sound of Lucy's voice calling my name. We went downstairs to watch television while we woke up in the chair together. It wasn't too long until we were joined by Catherine who made herself and Lucy some breakfast. As soon as they finished eating they started with the art things that were on the table and soon they were having fun drawing and painting. Lucy wanted to play with the pots of bubbles that we got the day before and because I said she had to wait for Emily to get up she took in to her own hands to wake her. You could hear the groans of "I want to sleep" coming down the stairs but Lucy didn't give up much to the amusement of Catherine. Soon Emily was dressed and they all went outside blowing bubbles and generally having fun.
This took the girls nicely onto Lunch, and Emily's first meal of the day given how late she had got up. Just a simple meal of hot dogs. Given that it was about this time my shoulder and neck started hurting having some hot dogs in the fridge turned out to be a God send. They all love them and soon we were ready for the afternoon with full tummies.
The morning had been grey and dull for a summers day and the afternoon wasn't much better. Thankfully I had a congruency plan in place. We were meant to be going out but the weather wasn't on or side so the girls settled down with some popcorn to watch a film to pass a couple of hours. Lucy, being three didn't watch all of it but she stayed until the popcorn ran out before seeking me out for someone to play with and give cuddles to. I love the way she tell me she loves me. It all rather sweet and she seems to be having a grand time.
With the film out of the way and a little bit of shopping too we set about making chocolate cakes. There were a few arguments about who was doing what that was what that all was soon settled and it wasn't long before they were made and going in the oven and the house just smelled divine. There is only one smell better than baking cakes and that is going to fill the house tomorrow in the morning.
As the oven was hot I used it to roast a gammon joint for dinner which we had with vegetables in in white savoury sauce and new potatoes. The vegetables in the sauce turned out to be a success. Everyone loved them and it made a nice change from plain vegetables. The mixtures of favours worked well together and that combined with the cakes the girls had cooked dinner got the thumbs up from everyone.
After some more playing with the art things inside and out it was time for Lucy to go to bed. She was soon asleep after her stories and cuddles and Emily and Catherine settled down to catch up on the television they watch until internet went down. In getting the router fixed it got restored to it factory defaults and I lost all the user information. This wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't thrown away the but of paper with the information on it years ago. Technical support couldn't help me but I remembered an old router and managed to tease the information out it. It was too late for the girls to watch there programmes but at least they will be able to do it in the morning.
It has been another fabulous day with the girls together. Hopefully in the morning I will be able to move more easily and the weather is a bit better and we can get out in the fresh air. Finally sorry for the shorter post. I think I have covered most things and hopefully tomorrow things will be back to normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment