Thursday, 18 August 2011
So then there were none
As we approach the end of the School Holidays, Emily and Catherine have both gone off to visit their mum and to go on a family holiday. To say they are excited about the holiday is a bit of an understatement. While Lucy was here they were making plans on how to get the best beds and how to have the most fun.
Having got them both pack the night before everyone got up early for the drive to met up with there mum. Today it was at the old meeting point at the services on the junction of the A1 and the M62. Their mum has a bad back and with the driving for the holiday we both agreed not to make it worse by having her drive to the usual pick up point.
Thankfully we were up in plenty of time to make the early pick up. I didn't even have to get Emily out of bed which came as a surprise. Normally during the holidays she loves to sleep in, but not today. Before long we were heading up the A1 on first part of the journey and they were gone after hugs and goodbyes.
They are off to Northumberland for a week. Part of the country I simply love after my years of living in the North East of England. Often I would make trips up to that part of the world to soak in the beauty of the countryside and the many sights there are there to be seen. I just hope they have a love time and the are full of tales to tell when they get home.
As for me it is a time to think and reflect on life and it tribulations and it troubles, To look for solutions and generally think about what is to come. It could be a bleak autumn and winter money wise and I will need to do some planning to get through what financially could be a troubled time. Then there is the rest of life to think about and especially the situation around Lucy and the pain that brings me. Like I keep saying I know what I want and it is a dream worth chasing and aspiring too.

No comments:
Post a Comment