Personally I didn't miss Simon Cowell too much when he decided to sit out the auditions of Britain's Got Talent and I thought he brought very little back into the show when he returned. To be honest I didn't miss him that much this time either, although I might change that view as we get through to the live shows when I think he gives much more to the show. As for the missing girls I did think Cheryl Cole absence did show a bit and the best of the two new female judges was Kelly Rowland. As for other new judge, Gary Barlow, he did a fine job and looked very comfortable with the role. I guess that time will tell if the judges panel lives up to those of the past.
Saturday, 20 August 2011
The X Factor Returns
Today saw the return of the X-Factor to Saturday nights prime slot on ITV. It marks the start of the rating war that is bound to ensue between the major channels as they try to grab audience share before Christmas. For me the show is something that I now look forward too since I started watching it some years ago.
Like Britain's Got Talent, Simon Cowell was missing as where the two female judges, Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue. The only surviving judge being Louis Walsh who was joined by Gary Barlow, Kelly Rowland and Tulisa Contostavlos. It was very much out with the old and in with the new but the question will be will it work.
Personally I didn't miss Simon Cowell too much when he decided to sit out the auditions of Britain's Got Talent and I thought he brought very little back into the show when he returned. To be honest I didn't miss him that much this time either, although I might change that view as we get through to the live shows when I think he gives much more to the show. As for the missing girls I did think Cheryl Cole absence did show a bit and the best of the two new female judges was Kelly Rowland. As for other new judge, Gary Barlow, he did a fine job and looked very comfortable with the role. I guess that time will tell if the judges panel lives up to those of the past.
Personally I didn't miss Simon Cowell too much when he decided to sit out the auditions of Britain's Got Talent and I thought he brought very little back into the show when he returned. To be honest I didn't miss him that much this time either, although I might change that view as we get through to the live shows when I think he gives much more to the show. As for the missing girls I did think Cheryl Cole absence did show a bit and the best of the two new female judges was Kelly Rowland. As for other new judge, Gary Barlow, he did a fine job and looked very comfortable with the role. I guess that time will tell if the judges panel lives up to those of the past.
As for the show itself it was a slick as ever. Two potential talents and lots of deluded people that didn't stand a chance of getting through to boot camp, thus following the shows normal format. It seemed very much business as usual and the eighth series has got off to a good start. Lets hope the absence of Simon Cowell doesn't remove the attention of the press away from the show, and that it is as much of a success this year as has been in the past.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
X Factor

No comments:
Post a Comment