Tuesday, 23 August 2011
Holiday Reports
Ever since Emily and Catherine went on Holiday I have been getting a stream of text messages, and the odd phone call, from Emily about how the holiday is going. It has been lovely to hear what they have been up to and to know they are having a great time.
Their mother and her family have hired a house for the week big near the coast enough to fit them all in. It just a short walk to the beach with which a big thing for Emily and Catherine who both love being by the seaside. Having lived in Leeds and Rutland, bot some distance from the sea I can understand why they like it so much. For this reason there has been lots of trips to the beach from what has been said in the messages. Another thing about the house it has a games room complete with a pool table and other games so there is plenty to do in the evening.
The family always take it in turns cooking while they are away. Emily was telling me how she was learning to cook lasagne with her mum something I haven't done for years. When I suggested we cook it together when she got home I got the thumbs up. I know it something she loves to eat. More importantly though Emily is growing up. Gone is the child and the young adult stage has started for her and with it has come something special, a different kind of bond and respect, even though I expect the child to reappear from time to time until she is a bit order. Talking and listening to Emily the young adult is rather nice and refreshing change. She has all kinds of views and opinions forming in her brain as she shapes who she is for the future. It an interesting time for her and Catherine will shortly follow her though this stage and Lucy some years later.
I hope the rest of the holiday is equally a success for every one there it has been for the first few days. I know I can't wait to see them again and hear all their stories of adventure and fun. It is going to be wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment