Monday, 8 August 2011
Cool Monday
It's not the right sort of weather for the school holidays although it seems pretty typical of what the last few years have produced, it was mainly grey and rather chilly in the brisk wind. Not what was needed at all by three girls eager to get out. Yes, I did say three girls Emily had her friend Millie here again meaning an early start for everyone. In fact Millie is coming for the next three days.
Everyone had a good lie in until Millie arrived in the morning and woke everyone up. Nobody had thought to set an alarm, but Emily was straight out of bed to let her in so she didn't need to wait. It was rather kind of Millies mum to proved some food for the girls which Emily put in the freezer. Soon the girls were dressed and in the family room playing games on the X box together and generally having a a laugh. This went on most of the morning.
As lunch time approached I popped out quickly to the shops to buy them some drinks and when I got back I got on with cooking the food. They all had pizza with cans fiery ginger beer to wash it down. I think Millie was taken aback by how fiery ginger beer can be and Emily had to finish of her can for her.
The afternoon started with Emily and Millie resuming their game. They have the aim of completing the game before the summer is out and they are both giving it their best shot. There were interludes were they went off to do other things but they soon found themselves playing again until it was time for Millie to go home mid afternoon. Catherine meanwhile amused herself doing her own thing and coming to talk to me.
After Millie left Emily and Catherine both went on the computers to catch up with there friends locally and in Leeds as well as some of the programmes they love so much. This went on for the rest of the day and most of the evening after our chicken curry dinner.
I just hope as we move into the week the weather improves and we can all get out the house. I really do dislike being stuck inside, it is so soul destroying. I want to get out and about even if it just walking around the village or the fields.
By the time bedtime came for the girls I really felt the day had passed me by. There is so much I want to do but I just did little all day really. It was a bit of a waste to be honest, but like they say tomorrow is another day and the really important things got done.
At least one good thing is has come out of today for everyone. We are going to see Lucy again on Thursday after rearranging all kinds of dates. We were hoping to have her for today but it didn't workout as her mummy had plans for on Wednesday she couldn't rearrange. I was grateful we could agree on a time that saved me some fuel.
As always nothing has been really been sorted with Lucy and I don't think it is possible that it will in the near future. At least I'm seeing her for three and a bit days and I just hope I can arrange something for later in the month if I have the funds. I was looking back in my calendar and my contact has dropped from fourteen days in May to four days in July, and to think I was told it wouldn't be effected. I open to suggestions and Lucy's mummy has my email address if she ever wants to sort it all out. I just find the whole situation sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment