In the past two of years or so I have hardly been on the site for more than a few days in total, but with the start on Big Brother on Channel 5, I thought it was time I returned. There is a lot my history on the site, after all without it I would never have been blessed with having Lucy in my life, it was where I met her Mummy, so going back there was a challenge. It was one I had to face at sometime and I'm glad I have. It has lots of great memories and hardly any bad in comparison. It was just that felt strange about returning.
Monday, 22 August 2011
Return to TiBB
It has been years since I had been on the thisisbigbrother.com website. It is a discussion forum which mainly deals with reality television as while as having discussion areas of more general subjects. It used daily by many people and I have been a member of the site for over seven years and a moderator on the site for six of those years.
In the past two of years or so I have hardly been on the site for more than a few days in total, but with the start on Big Brother on Channel 5, I thought it was time I returned. There is a lot my history on the site, after all without it I would never have been blessed with having Lucy in my life, it was where I met her Mummy, so going back there was a challenge. It was one I had to face at sometime and I'm glad I have. It has lots of great memories and hardly any bad in comparison. It was just that felt strange about returning.
It has actually turned out to be fun going back to the site after all of these years. Only a few of the older members still post so there haven't been an awkward questions to answer. I'm guessing that a lot of them probably know what happened from my Facebook account in any case and my feelings about it all. I have up to now just been posting and doing very little moderation. I just need to get the feel of the place and learn who is who out of the new members and who is in which camp. Once I have a feel for the place then I will be in a better position to start moderating the place again. Thankfully there are lots of moderators now, all of whom gave me and another returning moderator a warm welcome. It was like coming home after being away.
It good once in a while to face your fears head on and then embrace the past and bring it into the future. The only thing that ever stops you doing that is fear itself, but sometimes once you do you find rich rewards and have lots of fun. That what I have found from this experience.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
TiBB

No comments:
Post a Comment