Thursday, 11 August 2011

Good to be Together

Today was the day I have been waiting for to happen all week. It was the day we got to see Lucy again and I just couldn't wait for it to start. I really missed having them altogether and today was the day that happened again.


The morning started off with us getting up early to go out first thing. I woke up Catherine and we both got ready and waited for Emily to come home from Millie's before heading out to Melton. Emily had an appointment with the Orthodontist to replace one she should have went to a couple of years ago that seemed to be forgotten at the time and then subsequently. Thankfully her a new dentist picked it up and after waiting ages she had an appointment to be accessed.

As soon as Emily arrived she had just enough time to change as I finished my second cup of coffee after which we headed out to Melton in the car. The last thing we wanted was to be late as the knock on effect could have put other peoples plans out the window too, so we made sure we set out in good time. 


The appointment went well and thankfully the Orthodontist didn't know Emily had an earlier appointment. I didn't want to have to explain what happened because I really didn't know, accept she missed it which I found out much later. Things back then were rather a emotional blur and still are. As it turned out Emily is going to need braces to straighten her teeth but she doesn't seem to mind, she just wants them sorted out. The problem is it is going to take eighteen months to get it fitted because of the length of the waiting list. So much for all the Government pledges on health care.

Once we were finished at the Orthodontist we all went off to find something to eat. We had forgone breakfast and so everyone wanted a bite to eat. So after quick visit to the bakers we headed out to the county park to eat our purchases. It was far better looking at the lovely the countryside than sitting in a town car park to eat our food. It really is lovely place to just be and it had the advantage that it had a toilet if we needed it before we set off to Leicester.


The drive to Leicester from Melton takes thirty minutes at most if you get a reasonable run at  it. I although I couldn't wait to see Lucy I  find the whole thing really difficult. Emily was asking questions and I tried to explain, but I think she found it hard to understand. I know I find it all hard to deal with even knowing the reasons behind it all. The situation still hurts me and that is what deal with every time when I pick Lucy up or drop her off. I wish I could explain here but it wouldn't be appropriate or a sensible thing to do, and in any case it would probably be pointless.

When we arrived I parked the car and as I walked to the house I saw Lucy smiling at me from the front window and I saw her shout my name. It was so lovely to see her. She had grown so much in such a short time seen I last saw her. Every time I see her she seems taller and her use of language seems to be going in leaps and bounds. After arranging a time to drop her off on Monday with her mummy we went on our way with Lucy waving madly at her other sister.


All the girls chatted on the way back. Lucy told them her news and they told her what they had been up to in return. I was rather quiet and sad, that was just how I felt, but I knew I had turn that around because we were returning to the country park in Melton. We need to eat up some time and have some fun before we headed off to find some food for Lunch. It wasn't in the original plan but the weather meant we need to make the most of the better weather before it rained.

Needless to say the girls had a great time together in the park. Lucy was bossing them around and they were just going along with her plans and enjoying the play. I was just happy to sit and watch. They seemed to be having so much fun and that is what mattered. It was just nice to see.


Once we finished in the park we headed back into town. Every since I made the arrangement to pick up Lucy I had planned that we would all have lunch at KFC. It seemed ages since we had all been there together and I know they all enjoy the food. Also as far as fast food goes it is the cheapest of the options. We went for the ten piece family bucket which include two sides and a bottle of drink. There was more than enough to feed us all and everyone went away with a full belly to take them through the afternoon. The only problem we had was an unwanted wasp that took a fancy to our drink cups. It was all rather funny in the end when my cup ended up three shops down to stop the wasp returning.

As we left KFC it started to rain. It wasn't what we wanted and although it wasn't raining when got back to Rutland it was in air. It was enough to change our plans for the afternoon. So instead of heading into Oakham we returned home. What was rather nice was we approached the house Lucy said she loved the house. It really made me feel warm inside that she loves the house too. I brought it for everyone to be happy in and when she said that it I at least knew that I had achieved one of my aims, to make it a happy place even if I haven't achieved all of what I had planned.

Lucy seemed at home straight away and began unpacking her things and showing all the things she had in her bag. It was lovely to see her rabbit with a carrot I got her so many years ago when she was a baby. I didn't think she still had it and she even had her missing Ollie as well. She loves her two Ollie's and I was so glad the missing one was found. I remembered she told me about him being lost the last time she was here.

Once the unpacking was done Lucy settled down under her blanket to watch a film she picked with Catherine. By this time it was raining and we were waiting for it to stop and the ground to dry out. As time went on the plans for the afternoon were slipping away. In the end we gave up on going to the park in Oakham and set out to the town to buy some art things to pass the time until dinner and make the time pass more productively than just watch television or messing on the computers.

The rest of the afternoon was spent with the girls doing art work around the dinning room table or outside drawing with chalk on the paving slabs. Catherine carried on with the stone drawings of a few days ago and Lucy joined in making some of her own. Soon they were all outside having fun with the chalk and leaving white foot prints whereever they went. As they did that I got on with cooking everyone dinner.

After we all ate dinner at the table there was some more time to play before bedtimes. The girls were really making up for lost time and having a great fun. I really could have asked more of them, and when it came time for Lucy to go to bed both Emily and Catherine were both keen to read Lucy her first story of the night. With the stories out of the way I snuggled her down and gave her kisses and cuddles form the people she loves before she fell off to sleep.
 
With Lucy safely tucked up in bed Emily and Catherine both settled down to watch television before bedtime mixed with a little bit of catching up with friends. It was nice a peaceful and the house felt like it was almost complete again. It is amazing how the energy of a home is affected by the souls within it.

To say it been lovely to see little Lucy is an understatement. It just been wonderful and seeing them altogether really warms my heart and to think I have another four days of this to come. I love my family and always will. I just wish they weren't parted and always will.

No comments: