Wednesday, 10 August 2011
More of the Same
With another mixed bag weather wise today followed a similar pattern to the day's before. It seems the weather isn't on our side It would have been nice to make more of the day but unlike the warm days of August I remember as child this was rather grey.
Millie arrived early and Emily once again got up to let her in. The only difference this time Emily wanted to do her practicing teenage bit and lay in bed. Millie saw to that and soon they all joined me downstairs as I drank my coffee and headed into the family room.
The morning follwed the same pattern as the days before it. Millie and Emily played on the X Box and Catherine joined in here and there. As for lunch, I popped out for some nice breaded ham and some freshly cooked rolls. The ham was on special offer and I must say it was rather tasty. Let's hope it stays that way for a few more days.
The afternoon again followed a similar patten. The only thing that was different was that when Millie's mum came to pick up Emily, Emily went with them. The pair of them had arranged a sleep over which left me with just Catherine in the house.
With Emily at Millie's Catharine and myself head to the fish shop for dinner. The food I had in could wait for another day and it seemed silly to waste it which was probable if we didn't cook all it. It uncooked food would have just ended up laying in the fridge until it passed it's best. Anyway we both enjoyed our meal and it not something we normally do and they say treats are good for you.
It was nice being in the house with just Catherine. Although I love all my children it is nice to just spend some time them individually now and again. You don't have to play that balancing act when you have more than one child and to prove that we both had a grand time until Catherine headed off to bed.
I just can't wait to see Lucy tomorrow. Can't say I'm looking forward to the pick up but having Lucy again will make up for that in the end. Nothing seems to change and I don't expect it too. Just how things are. I just hope we have better weather so we can get out and about and have some fun. I just want to make the most of the time I have with all of them together.

No comments:
Post a Comment