Saturday, 27 July 2013
Old Picture New Frame
Although the picture was taken many years ago the thoughts behind it mean the same now as they always did. It is about family and the importance of creating a family and the meaning behind it and keeping those you love together and showing them the love they deserve and need to grow.
The children in that photograph were separated and the ties between them broken forever and their small sister, Lucy, who was meant to unite those three girls will probably never be with the all three of her sisters at the same time ever again. There isn't much I can do about that now, how much I wish I could. Everything to do with that time is broken like the frame that the picture was in, but all it was needed replacing.
The fact is you can't change the past but you can re frame it and preserve the meaning and feeling behind it. As adults we make many mistakes in life but those little people in the picture which we united had a bond and although that bond may weaken it never really goes away. Like the picture those bonds can be renewed if only people will let it happen. The question is there the will to uphold the promises of the past, rather than to carry on the history of breaking them, I think not but I hope not.
I know I need to build the bonds between the two older girls and there little sister, whose face is just visible in the picture to the picture of the three girls. I know how to do that and to rebuild some of what is important to me. It is not a question of will that happen, more a question of when. For me the sooner the better for I can't carry on for much longer having two of my girls split form the other. I love all the people that matter to me and that will never change.
I just find what happened to me so sad because it was never what I wanted for my children. It what that picture showed that I wanted and can never have again.
The children in that photograph were separated and the ties between them broken forever and their small sister, Lucy, who was meant to unite those three girls will probably never be with the all three of her sisters at the same time ever again. There isn't much I can do about that now, how much I wish I could. Everything to do with that time is broken like the frame that the picture was in, but all it was needed replacing.
The fact is you can't change the past but you can re frame it and preserve the meaning and feeling behind it. As adults we make many mistakes in life but those little people in the picture which we united had a bond and although that bond may weaken it never really goes away. Like the picture those bonds can be renewed if only people will let it happen. The question is there the will to uphold the promises of the past, rather than to carry on the history of breaking them, I think not but I hope not.
I know I need to build the bonds between the two older girls and there little sister, whose face is just visible in the picture to the picture of the three girls. I know how to do that and to rebuild some of what is important to me. It is not a question of will that happen, more a question of when. For me the sooner the better for I can't carry on for much longer having two of my girls split form the other. I love all the people that matter to me and that will never change.
I just find what happened to me so sad because it was never what I wanted for my children. It what that picture showed that I wanted and can never have again.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Children
No comments:
Post a Comment