Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Last Series of Him and Her

One of the programmes I have loved on television is finally coming to an end. Him and her has been one of my favorite comedy programmes since it first aired back in September 2010. I will be more than sad to see it go. The writing is excellent, the directing perfect and the casting acting superb. It is one of the shows that reflects back on us the reality of life and it is a careful observation of the human condition. 


For those that don't know it is a television sitcom about a lazy twenty-something couple, called Steve and Becky. They are both unemployed and share a small flat surviving on benefits. Steve has no dreams or goals in life other than in eating, sleeping, drinking and having sex. While Becky is a ladette with no desire to seek employment, she is popular with friends and the sort of girl that is always first to hit the dance floor when clubbing with the girls. Becky is sarcastic to the point of meanness and she sees straight through Steve but while being completely unable to understand the weird self-obsessions of men. The show is acutely observed, forensically honest, warts-and-all look at their lives.

The first programme in the last series airs tomorrow night and I will be glued to the box laughing at funny moments and be immersed in their life as if it was a soap opera. I recommended that you do the same, it is well worth half and hour of your time. 

No comments: