Saturday, 2 November 2013

Six Today

Lucy turns six today, a most amazing little lady I love with all my heart and always will. Nothing will ever kill the love I have for all my daughters. She is one of my three special princesses and for as long as I live will have a massive place in my heart.


It is amazing how things come flooding back to you, how some thing just bring back memories. Unlike birthdays before this one has been so different for me. I found myself a few days ago listening the suite of the film “Forest Gump” and I found my mind wandering back to the time Lucy was just a small baby when I use to play the song in a rather large silver Renault Espace. On one occasion we were sitting outside a post office in Leeds and I can remember being so happy. When I listened to it recently I just was amazed how things have changed since then.

If you have followed the blog I haven’t seen Lucy since before the summer, despite a letter I sent giving possible dates. I haven’t heard a thing, nothing at all. All I can hope I will see her one day because without that thought part of my life will have died and with it a big part of me. Living without a child is hell on earth, and something you think of everyday. You can’t escape the knowledge that your children are some of the most special people in your life and for all the right reasons. I can’t wait to cuddle her again and hear her voice and Christmas and the year ahead won’t be the same without her.

What I hope for the future is to see her again, for everyone to make an effort so we can be together again. I love her so much and her loss hurts me at some point everyday. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her, wondering if she has lost her first tooth, how she is doing at school, and more. You can't forget the people you love.