Friday, 3 October 2014

Last Day of Summer

I know officially we have pasted the last day of summer, by any measure, weeks ago the weather in Rutland has thought otherwise, but something tells me this will be the last day of summer this year as the strange but welcome spell of weather comes to an end. Soon the temperatures will start dropping the wind will pick up and the rain will fall together with the remaining leaves on the tree.

Kiz Laird

In many ways we have been very lucky to have such a lovely summer this year, but one I think many would agree that we were due after the wet summers of recent years. The weather really has been good and I hope we have more of the same. It was neither too hot or too wet, it just seemed about right when it got under way. You could ask more of the weather it has really been kind.

The summer, like the last, as been a strange one, despite the weather, in other ways that has often spoilt the enjoyment of the sun. Something is missing right now and I don't know what to do with it and how to put things right again. It is something that has been bothering for a while and something I feel helpless to do anything about. In my heart I hope things will improve and my head says the same too, but how is the one remaining questions I just can't work out. Until it does something will always be missing.