Monday, 6 October 2014
New Computer Games Shop
A new computer games shop is set to open in Oakham at the corner of Dean Street and the High Street. It will be the first time that people of Oakham have had somewhere they can buy computer games since the closing of Blockbusters back in mid 2011.
The owner of the shop is currently a regular on a Saturday at the Market in Melton and prior to that he shared a shop with a children clothes supplier in small shopping precinct off of Sherrard Street that connects to Windsor Street. Although the shop had many regular customers it was off the beaten track and didn't get many passing customers given its out of the way position.
The owner has a good reputation for selling and buying games at a good prices and he is very linkable. You always got a warm welcome if you visited the store in Melton or the market stall and I'm sure the same will be true in Oakham. On the whole the shop has always had a good stock of second hand games for a whole range of consoles and even sells DVDs.
Hopefully as the shop develops the owner will start branching into second hand consoles as well as games and maybe he will start selling accessories as well. I wish him well because he deserves some success and he tried so hard in Melton with stiff competition for an already established computer games shop, Voodoo games, and the over priced CEX.
Personally I recommend the shop for my own experiences of buying games from the store in Melton. It always been a pleasant experiance and I always thought I paid a fair price for a game.
The owner of the shop is currently a regular on a Saturday at the Market in Melton and prior to that he shared a shop with a children clothes supplier in small shopping precinct off of Sherrard Street that connects to Windsor Street. Although the shop had many regular customers it was off the beaten track and didn't get many passing customers given its out of the way position.
The owner has a good reputation for selling and buying games at a good prices and he is very linkable. You always got a warm welcome if you visited the store in Melton or the market stall and I'm sure the same will be true in Oakham. On the whole the shop has always had a good stock of second hand games for a whole range of consoles and even sells DVDs.
Hopefully as the shop develops the owner will start branching into second hand consoles as well as games and maybe he will start selling accessories as well. I wish him well because he deserves some success and he tried so hard in Melton with stiff competition for an already established computer games shop, Voodoo games, and the over priced CEX.
Personally I recommend the shop for my own experiences of buying games from the store in Melton. It always been a pleasant experiance and I always thought I paid a fair price for a game.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Computer Games,
Oakham

No comments:
Post a Comment