Saturday, 10 July 2010

Indecisive Saturday

 It been one of those Saturdays when in the heat of the day nobody can decide what they want to do and nothing got done. Probably as far as going out is concerned as a family, it has been one of the most boring Saturdays of the year.

The day started slowly and with confusion. I couldn't remember the time I was meant to pick up Lucy. It completely went out of my head when I dropped off Lucy last night and I could for the life of me remember what time I was meant to be there. In the end I got it wrong and I was 30 minutes late. Thankfully it didn't cause a problem.


Most of the morning was spent deciding what to do, or rather what not to do. In fact this lack of decision took up most of the morning and wasted a large part of the day. In the end Emily went out to help setup the school fun day while everyone else played in and around the house. The only thing of note was Catherine painting Lucy's finger nails for her.

Lunch was made from what we could find in the freezer. Fortunately there was enough to feed Lucy and Catherine. Emily had food at the school.

After lunch I sent Catherine off to the school fun day was some money in hand while I stayed at home to play with Lucy for the afternoon. 

Emily was first back from the school fun day, with a painted face, and asking if she could go to a swimming party at her friends house. Of course I said yes and off she went for the afternoon. When Catherine got back we set off for the shops at last to get some food for dinner and lunch tomorrow before she headed off for a party dressed up to the nines.



On the way to taking Catherine to the party we picked up Emily from a house called the old barn. I must say it is the first old barn I have been into with an indoor heated swimming pool. Emily had a great time at her pool party as did Catherine at her Birthday party and disco.

In the evening we had loads fun with Lucy before bedtime in the Bath. She spent most of the time washing Emily's legs as she paddled in the bath with Lucy. 

I'm sure the girls had a great time but one thing is for sure is that I not going to let another Saturday go by with all three girls and not have a plan of action.

One good thing is that we have Lucy for an extra hour tomorrow so we should have a chance to do something in the afternoon.


No comments: