Monday, 19 July 2010
Sunny Monday
Everyone got off on time this morning to school and I have never seen Emily so keen to get out the house. She was off to Wicksteed Park in Kettering as a special year 6 treat for doing so well at there SATS this year, and with Emily getting all 5 it was well deserved. I'm so proud of how well she has done especially in English which is her weakest subject by far.
I was bit rushed picking Lucy up. I'm not sure what happened to the time. I just didn't seem to get out of the house quick enough after my shower. I was going to text her mummy to let her know I was on my way but that would have made me later. All the same I still got a wonderful welcome from Lucy but her mummy still seemed under the weather. Anyway on the way home Lucy told me of a Party had enjoyed, I'm guessing it was Mary's Birthday party, before she asked if she could go to the park.
As soon as we arrived back in Langham we got the Lucy's buggy out of the car and headed down to the local park. I thought by now she would be bored of the Langham park but she still loves going there and the rope bridge is one of her favorite fun things to do. On the way back we walked through the allotments and went pass her mummies old plot. There was an old lady working on it and we started to talk to her. It turns out she was the old lady that Kiz gave a part of her pot the year before and the person that took over the lot let her stay. Reading the Langham news recently gave me the idea of getting a allotment for myself, but I will need to talk to Emily and Catherine before I make enquiries.
After getting back from the park we played outside together. First with her bike and then with her toy car. This time the game took on a new dimension, when her bike broke down and I had to be called in to fix. I just love they way her games develop as she learns new things. Then there was some time left, before we went out again, to water the runner beans that we are trying to grow in the old herb patch. For some reason they aren't doing to well, but we should still get some later in the summer. She loves playing with the hose and making things wet so the water wasn't just confined to the runner bean patch, everything got a soaking including herself.
After a change of clothes it was off out shopping Melton to get her sister, Mary, birthday presents for Tuesday. I set my self a budget and manage to do what I wanted to do and get three small presents and one large present from Lucy. She had a great time around the toy shop wanting to buy everything she saw but she was still quite good leaving the shop and putting things back.
After we came back from Melton there was time to spare to pop into the tearooms at the farm and visit the pigs. I must say the pigs are really big now and I don't think it will be long before they disappear into the fields. I think Lucy will miss seeing them. She loves the piggies and the goats. As always while she was having her drink she played with the toys they have there which is a great as a parent because it stops her wandering off and causing mayhem.
Catherine rushed back from school to drop off her stuff before before going off with her friends for dinner. The problem was that her friends brother left the gate open and George was in the garden, but not for long, he took himself for a walk. Thankfully I had the buggy for Lucy so we set off around the village looking for him. We covered the whole village and it took us an 1 hour and 20 minutes to find George and that was thanks to Emily who joined us for the last 20 minutes of the search. He turned up in Ruddle Way, apparently according to Emily, he had probably been to see the horses in the fields.
With just the two children for dinner it was a simple affair of burgers, chips and beans. They both seemed to enjoy it and had a great time at the table chatting while they ate. Despite dinner being late they still had time to play before Lucy went home and they both made most of it.
When I dropped Lucy off I passed on the message from the old lady we met at the allotments to Kizzy "to be remembered to her". Thankfully the pick up went a lot better as far as Lucy was concerned. This might have been helped by the mission she was on to deliver the presents for her sister. It was funny that she couldn't wait for her sister to open then and was telling her to open them now. Her sister just smiled while her mummy told her she would have to wait until tomorrow.
When Catherine retuned home from being out with her friends I had to have a word with her about checking the gate. Losing George isn't fun especially when I have Lucy. If it wasn't for the fact I had the buggy the task of finding him would have been impossible.
Finally it has been a hot and humid evening and just hope little Lucy had more luck getting off to sleep Emily and Catherine.

No comments:
Post a Comment