Friday, 30 July 2010
Tired Friday
Today I picked up a tired Lucy from her mummies. She is normally fun of energy, but today she didn't seem on top form. In many ways her mood matched the weather, changeable.
We start the day with a trip to Oakham park on our way home. After playing with me for a while she was soon on the look out for a potential playmate. It is quite common that she makes a new friend whenever we go to the park these days and today she befriend a girl about six months older than her. They had a great time playing together and run around after each other but Lucy soon ran out of steam. So we head home.
I was hoping sitting down for a while we drove hame would recharge her batteries. She seemed to pick up so I suggested we go to Langham Park on the way, She agreed but when she got there it was clear she really was tired.
When we got home Lucy spent most of the morning laying around and watching Peppar Pig and sucking her dummy, something I'm trying to stop her doing now, but with her being tired I didn't bother. She was quite amused when I learnt the theme to Peppa Pig on the recorder and got me to play it again and again.
After Lunch we had to pop to the supermarket for dinner, another go excuse to pop to the park too. It was clear to see how tired Lucy was, as soon as we hit the road she fell asleep. So I sent a message to her mummy asking how she had slept the night before.
When we arrived at the park I woke her from her nap and we walked to Oakham Park. It was soon clear she really wasn't herself when she didn't run to the park like normal and stayed at my side.
She tried to play with the energy she had, bless her, but the smile from the morning had gone and between playing she came back to me for a rest, laying on my coat. On feeling her head I discovered she was warm to the touch. She was clearly not right. It seemed like the magic of Calpol needed to come into play.
We arrived at the supermarket and quickly did the shopping. While we were in the cold food area she just complained about being cold. The only place she seemed to smile was when we arrived at the sweets were she brought some sweets for home time. As soon we left the supermarket I gave her a spoon of Calpol, there wasn't any in the house so I had to buy some.
On getting back home she crashed on the sofa with a blanket and watched children's TV with me. It was over an hour before the Calpol really kicked in and she moved off the sofa to play until dinner.
By the time it was time to go home she had brightened up considerably, ate most of her dinner and she was smiling again, however she was still very pale. It turns out she had her MMR2 jabs a few day's earlier and her mummy had forgotten to tell me when I picked her up. What made it worse is she had to have her MMR as well, it seems she missed out on that injection last year. It was no wonder she was off colour. I hope she feels better tomorrow.
Can't wait to see her again, she should be better and a good thing too, since it will be the first time they have all been together in over a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment