Monday, 7 November 2011
Film of the Week - Twilight
This weeks film of the week comes from the best selling Twilight series of novels writen by Stephenie Meyer, that seems to have loads of people talking.The film question is Twilight, a vampire-themed fantasy romance, adapted from the frist of Stephenie Meyer's novel's. Interestingly the the novels and the films have also led to a number of copy cat TV series based loosely on the idea's behind the story.
It is the story Isabella Swan, a seventeen year old student, who moves into the small town of Forks near the Washington coast. It doesn't take her long to become befriended by a number of students at the local high school, but she soon becomes intrigued by one particular family the Cullen's. In order to find out more she sits next Edward Culern in one of the classes, however for some reason he seems disgusted by her. A few days later is Isabella is nearly run over by a van, however Edward who is near by saves her life by stopping the vehicle with a single hand. She tries to talk to Edward by he warns of off becoming his friend.
After much research Isabella makes the discovery that Edward is in fact a vampire, however they don't live on human blood like tales of old but on animal blood, although they still crave the former. She confronts Edward with what she has found and the pair become friends and then they eventually fall in love and Edward introduces Isabella to his family. Then on the scene arrives some nomadic vampires who observing Edward's protectiveness of Isabella decide to hunt her for sport. And that is all the of the story I know, so at least I can't spoil the ending here.
From what I have seen of the film, it is like all the films I have picked, wonderfully acted and directed. It is also amazingly atmospheric as you would expect of a film like this. I don't know how the story compares to the original novel, since haven't read it, for that you need a real fan of the books and films, however it is clear from the story in the film why the novels sell so well.
It is a film I have only ever seen the first half of some years ago. Somehow I never did see the end and now it is time I rectified that. At the time I was really enjoying it but there were other things to do. Even to this day, because I haven't read the books do I know how it ends, despite the fact that Emily has the film on DVD. She loves the film and the books and so the plan is to sit down with a bag of popcorn with the girls and watch it from beginning to end.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Film of the Week

2 comments:
Lovely Film
It is being shown on Channel 4 tonight at 9pm/
Post a Comment