Wednesday, 22 February 2012
One Born Every Minute
Tonight I found myself watching one born on Channel 4. I don't know the last time I felt so emotional as seeing a little girl born Cesarean section. I just took me back seeing the mother and the father the time when Lucy was born and all the emotions since then welled up in me. It just shock my whole being until I managed to regain control, especially given what has happened since. All the same, it took me back to one of the most amazing experiences and happiest time of my life.
That aside, it is a wonderful programme and I can see why the programme makers decided it would make a good subject of a documentary series. The there is a natural drama about child birth and lots of emotion and it often has a happy ending. I'm not sure if I would watch it again, because of the memories it invoked, but that for personal reason and not because there is anything wrong with the programme itself. It is well made and importantly well edited. It takes the myths out of child birth and presents things as they really are and that has to be a good thing.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
TV

2 comments:
It's a great programme and touching you were moved by it. Must admit I get that way too.
I wasn't expecting it, not sure if I could watch it again. Too much emotion.
Post a Comment