Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Time Out

It doesn't seem often enough that I take time out from the problems of life and immerse myself into another world. Being not the greatest television watcher and being able to not affording go to the theatre this means finding a game I can play that takes me to another world.


The game of choice really did take me to another world full of hostile aliens after my blood and that of the human race. The game in question was original Halo game, Combat Evolved, that was first released in 2001 with the launch of the Xbox gaming system which took the world by storm. The version I played tonight was the Apple Mac version launched a couple of years later back in 2003. Although owning the original Xbox version and an old Xbox to play it on the graphics on the even my old MacMini are better as is the sound. It still looks good and the game play is wonderful.

I'm just glad I have a machine I can play it on. The MacMini is one of the original machines produced in 2005. It is 7 years old this year and still going strong. In fact it is still being used for things like Facebook, general office work, web browsing and blog writing. I have plans to use it later in its life to play music and video via a flat screen TV when I can afford one.

It was a great way to spend an evening, given there wasn't much else to do and at least it is more interactive than watching some rubbish on television of flicking thought the channels and not finding anything to watch. Playing it tonight I can see why Emily and her friends have fallen in love with the series of games. It is one hell of a game.

No comments: