Saturday, 4 February 2012

Snowy End

Today was my Birthday and , if I am honest, I really didn't know what to expect of it. I was looking forward to having the girls for my Birthday but all the same never feel how a day will go at the moment. I just have to go with the flow. As it turned out I had a lovely day.



As normal Lucy was first up with a bright smile and her happy disposition. Soon we were downstairs in the chair together and she got my birthday card off the side and watched me open it. I loved it and the drawing she did inside. She said she picked it herself in a very proud way. I just gave her the biggest of hugs and a kiss and we settled down together and watch some television.

It wasn't to just after we had breakfast that Catherine appeared from her bed and made her way downstairs. As soon as Lucy saw her she ran off to give her a good morning hug before following into the family room to play. Every so oftern she would appear in the living room either hunting a cuddle or something to eat. She is a hungry sole at times. What is really lovely is if she dose ask for something she always asks if Catherine and Emily can have the same too. She loves sharing, which is lovely.

Instead of doing a Sunday Lunch on Sunday we had it today. It just speeds things up as far as Sunday goes and means I get to spend less of that day cooking when time seems to go so fast. Today we had a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings and everyone seemed to enjoy it. But best of all we had fun at the table eating our food. It was a shame Emily wasn't with us but that couldn't be helped. She is at that age where she is learning to be independent.

With lunch out of the way the two girls headed back to the family room after helping with the dish washer. There they carried on the games of the morning and watched some television together. They seemed to be having a lovely time together. This carried on until mid afternoon when we set off to the nearby town to drop Catherine off with her friends.

Having just Lucy left and being in Oakham it seemed that the place to go was Mini Monsters. A soft play area that she just loves. She feels so at home there and was soon climbing, sliding and generally having a good time. I could watch her play for hours and that is what I did. She was having so much fun. It wasn't until we noticed the snow starting to fall that we decided that it would be a good time to head home. After a quick text to Catherine saying we were on our way and we would pick her up, we left, hopefully to return again soon.

It wasn't long after we got home that Emily returned. You can imagine how pleased Lucy was to see Emily. She really does love her big sister to bits and in return Emily loves her too. Soon they both disappeared off to play in Lucy's bedroom, leaving Catherine to watch television, while I  got on with making everyone a quick dinner.

As we ate the snow really started falling and by the time we finished the garden had turned white.You could feel the excitement in Lucy as she looked out the window. George was loving it outside in the snow. He has always loved the snow since he was a puppy. The only problem is with his thick white fur he tends to get icicles forming on his legs so he can't stay out long. It was just a shame that Lucy could go out in the snow to join him, but with the snow still falling and bedtime approaching it was best not to let her get cold and wet.

Soon we had Lucy tucked up in bed, after many a longing look out the window. After her kisses and cuddles from those she loves so much she fell to sleep and we didn't hear another peak for the rest of the night. Catherine and Emily mean while caught up with each other and watched some of there favourite programmes before they finally turned in for the night. I know they were looking forward to playing in the snow tomorrow as much as Lucy.

I have had a smashing day, although it hasn't been without it's thoughtful moments which everyday seems to come with now. It has been lovely to have all the girls here and have them around me. I so love my children and there aren't words to describe that sort of love. It was worth not having a Birthday dinner just to see Lucy's little face when we got to Mini Monsters. I can't wait until the morning and the time they have together having fun in the snow.

No comments: