Wednesday, 6 October 2010
The Apprentice
Tonight see the start of the Apprentice on BBC One. The programme sets contestants grueling business tasks with the winner of the show getting a job working with Alan Sugar. Each week the contestants are put into to two teams, and a team leader is appointed. The two teams carry out a identical tasks and after the tasks are finished the teams go to the boardroom where the winning team is announced. The losing team then have to workout who is to blame for the losing the task and the team leader picks two people to return to the board room with them and face the music. Once in the boardroom they have to say why they should stay in the competition and why they shouldn't be fired. Finally Alan Sugar decides who is ultimately to blame and they are fired and they leave the programme.
It is a fascinating programme that is now in it's sixth series and one that I have been watching for quite a few years now and that I really enjoy. It is something that I have been looking forward to all year. Normally the show is on earlier in the year but with Alan Sugars connections with the Labour Party in recent years and the General Election in May the BBC decided to postpone the show until now. I can see the logic but I did miss it in the spring but I'm glad they didn't miss a year which I always thought might have been a possibility. It is one of the television highlights of the year for me since I started watching it and always will be as long as the series continues.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
The Apprentice

No comments:
Post a Comment