Sunday, 17 October 2010
Late Risers
When I awoke from my happy dreams the sun was shining and there was that certain light hitting the garden that you get at sunrise that makes everything so beautiful. The light is just so warm and full of promise of the day to come and the good things it will bring. Even the late flowers were catching the early morning sunshine.
The first place I headed was to Lucy's room whose little voice had caused me to wake to be greeted by a little smile, a cuddle and a "I love you Daddy". What a perfect way to start the day. Soon we were downstairs and cuddled up in Lucy's blanket as we watched television together as I drank my coffee and she had her tea before breakfast. For the rest of the girls it was a case of the late risers with nobody surfacing until just after ten when the Church bells were ringing. Catherine first closely followed by Emily.
After Catherine had some breakfast she went off to clean her and Emily's bedroom, while Lucy went off to find her hobby horse to play with. Soon she was asking me to change the batteries which had run completely flat since the last time she played with it. After chasing round the house on the horse she then set off to walk George around the village with Emily. George loved his walk and Lucy likes going out with him. After they got back they found Catherine taking a rest and before long she was being chased around the house with the horse. It was so funny to listen to as I cooked the Sunday lunch.
For lunch we had roast chicken, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, broccoli, carrots, runner beans, and yorkshire puddings to make a change from stuffing. I keep wanting to cook bread sauce but most of it would be wasted as I'm the only one that likes it, although I haven't tried it on Lucy yet. They all loved their dinner but I did notice that Lucy wasn't eating as much as usual, but I just put that down to her not be hungry.
It wasn't to soon after dinner that I noticed that not all was right with Lucy. She just wasn't herself. She didn't zoom off around the house like normal but instead came and sat on me laying her head against mine. At first I just thought she was tired and she was just having a little rest but this went on longer than usual and when I asked if she was tired she said she felt unwell. In the end I got her a blanket and put on a DVD on the computer to watch and she just lay there until it was time to go home. Not even George going missing stirred her. He escaped when George came round to play on the Xbox and he managed not shut the gate properly. It took a good forty minutes to find him with Catherine on her bike with Charlie, and George and Emily on foot. It was the latter group that located him in the end and brought him home to everyone relief.
All to soon it was time for Lucy to go home and I was getting her dressed and into the car. Parting was harder than normal today, with Lucy being under the weather she didn't want to leave me. As we arrived she said she wanted to go home. It breaks my heart parting from her when she is like that, but something we are both going to have to get use too however hard it is. At least I got a lovely kisses before I left and a chance to tell her I love her as I said what was wrong with her.
With Lucy gone and the bedroom finished Catherine headed off out into the village on her bicycle while Emily carried on playing on the Xbox with George until he had to go home. At five Catherine's maths teacher arrived and she settled down to some work before dinner. Emily meanwhile had gone over to George's to play on his Xbox and to get out of the way and let her work. I just marveled at the the lovely sunset as Catherine finished her work. It was such a beautiful sight.
For dinner we had some hot dog sausages left over from yesterday which I fried and we had them with chips and beans. It is really a nice way to cook them and they seem to have more flavor than when they are boiled. After dinner the girls went off to the family room to play and watch TV until the X-factor results show finished which marked the end of Emily and Catherine's day. Everyone was tired at the end of the day especially George who just slept and slept after his adventure.
It has been great to have them all for the weekend. I just love the time they have together and with half term this week they even get another day together to. It is just so special and the house comes to life. Lucy bring so much joy with her and we all miss her presence in the house when she isn't here. I just hope she is feeling better and whatever caused her to be tired passes soon. I don't like it when she is unwell and I don't know how she is, it makes me feel so cut off.
No comments:
Post a Comment