Friday, 22 October 2010

Busy Friday

Given it is a school holiday here Rutland it was an early start for everyone because today I had to go to Huntington in Cambridgeshire to talk to a college there for some work they might have for me. The day was so full of promise and only one thing got in the way of it being a wonderful day, the problem was that thing is so important to me. 


We all got up just after eight thirty and rushed around like mad things to get ready to leave just at just after half past nine. Along the way I had to go to Oakham early to get our little Lucy. She seemed really surprised to see my new hair cut and said she loved it. When I got her to the car she just wanted to touch it. It was all rather sweet. I love seeing her so happy when I go to get her. It just warms my heart. Today she was all dressed for winter with gloves, scarf and hat and she looked so adorable. When she is like that you just want to give her a lovely big cuddle because she is so cute.

As soon as Lucy and I got back to Langham it was into hurrying people along mode. Emily was the worse and somehow I didn't notice she still have her pajamas bottoms on when she was meant to be dressed. She was so busy doing her "Baking Life" that she had forgot about the time, but we soon had her ready and we all headed out in the car to Stamford and then down the A1 to Huntingdon. A trip of about 50 minutes thanks to the fast roads that make the drive an easy one.


We arrived in Huntingdon just after ten forty five with fifteen minutes to spare. Thankfully unlike the city centre college in Nottingham this college had plenty of parking and I soon had everyone out of the car and they all settled down to wait from me in the café. I thought we were going have a lot of trouble with Lucy being parted from me, so before we arrived we were all careful to tell her what was going to happen. In the past when I have left her even to get money from the cash point where she can see me ends it in tears if I don't take her with me. She just doesn't like it if she I leave her, I guess it because the situation. It just sad it is like this for her, but nothing can be done to resolve it. It is just something she will have to get use to. However today our plan worked by using distraction and she didn't cry although she did cling to Catherine for dear life and kept asking where I was. 

The meeting went well although I don't know if I will get any work from it, but fingers crossed I will although it won't be much if I do. It seems a lovely college and the people there are so welcoming. Clearly they don't have the financial worries of Nottingham and they haven't fallen into the same funding trap with building work that many of the other colleges fell into when promises were made and then the funding was withdrawn. They seem to have big plans for the future so it going to be a place where jobs might come up so it is one to watch. Being just off the A1 it is a place I could possibly work one day if I can get a position there.


As a special treat we all went out to lunch at KFC on the way back to Rutland. They hadn't all had a meal out together in ages and it seemed a nice thing to do after being so good at the college while they waited for me. We stopped at Peterborough Services just off the A1(M) in Cambridgeshire. It a good place to take a family and the food costs the same as the high street. The only downside of going there is the noise. The design of the building doesn't help in that it seems to amplify the sounds of people talking. It a bit like being in an auditorium. While we were their I changed Lucy and some of the things she said really made me smile. She really warms my heart with what she says.

Before leaving there we took Lucy off to the play area to let off some steam. I was amazed when she remembered where it was as we hadn't taken her there for ages. She loved the bendy slide especially when her big sisters joined in on the fun. Up the ladder she would go and slide back down again followed by Emily then Catherine. It was lovely to see them play like that again, it seems a long time since we have been to the park together we just haven't had the weather for it. 


Before we finally got home we popped into the supermarket for some food for dinner. Lucy as usual was helpful in getting things for me that we needed and was really good at holding onto the trolly so she didn't get lost. As I have said she such a delight to go shopping with and always keeps me amused when we are on our own in the shop.

When we got home we got a really warm welcome form George who had been clearly missing us all. You can tell that by the way he gets so excited and starts following everyone around. When he settled on the sofa in the family room Lucy gave him the biggest of hugs. After this they all settled down to play. At one point Emily wen off with Charlie and George and Catherine was playing on the computer with Lucy. It was just so nice after being so busy for the day to sit with them and join in there games as I took myself into the family room to enjoy the fun, but time is so short and soon I was getting Lucy ready to return after dinner.


On the way back to Oakham with Lucy we both played spot the moon. She really has a thing about it and even on the brightest sunny day she asks where it is. So you can imagine her delight when it peeked from behind a cloud and said hello to her. It is lovely and bright at the moment since the full moon is in the early hours of the tomorrow morning. It's funny to think that I find the moon special too.

After dropping Lucy off in Oakham in what turned out to be a big rush it was off to the supermarket to get some essentials we had run out of like coffee and sugar which had completely slipped my mind earlier in the day. I never like dropping her off and leaving her. I guess it because I was there for her when she was so small and just a baby all the time and my bond with her is so strong.


When I got home I got a really waggly tail welcome from George who was waiting for his dinner. He such a character now the way he asks of things and dances around and is always so happy. I don't think I have ever had such a happy dog before. As Catherine and Emily were packing for there mums and Manor adventure as I fed George tonight which is normally one of there little jobs they do around the house.

It must have taken them at least an hour to pack so who knows how much stuff they are taking to the their mums. Probably half the bedroom and the kitchen sink. After they finished they went off into the family room to listen to music and play games until it was time to quieten down before they finally going to bed. 

It was a wonderful morning and Lucy was so good, in fact they all were and I'm so proud to have such lovely children. I have really been blessed that way. They are not perfect but I love them all. It was just at the end of the day that I felt deflated, it was like everything that made the day so good was taken away. May be it just that I'm tired or maybe something bigger but I know tomorrow is another day and who knows what it or the future will bring. Love is the most important thing in life and that is all that matters. 

It was a busy day that was for sure and I will sleep well tonight and hopefully dream of nice things and maybe one day those dreams will come true. 

No comments: