Monday, 4 October 2010

Artist of the Week - Secondhand Serenade

I really liked having a artist of band for the week to play in the car as I went to work so I'm going to repeat the idea again this week. The choice was between two artists, one a band and the other a solo artist. The band is "Secondhand Serenade" while the solo artist is "Peter Bradley Adams". Now it would have been the later, however on the X-Factor one of the singers did a cover of a the "Coldplay' track "Fixing You" that was also covered by Secondhand Serenade and given that the band have a new album out this meant they got the spot this week.


It was one of the bands I discovered last year when I listened to BBC 6 Music non stop. I liked the sound of the band and their music hit a cord with me. On and off I have listened to them since and find there sound relaxing and have I a connection with the subject of their songs, although I have never over played them so there are still tracks to discover and others to listen to again.


The band were formed back in 2004 by the lead singer John Vesely. The name of the band comes from the songs the lead singer wrote were serenaded to his wife so by the time other people got to hear them they were secondhand. The first album "Awake" was released originally on the Internet in 2005 and later rereleased in 2007 with an additional two songs when at last they found a record label. Since then the band has released a further two albums a "Twist in my Story" in 2008 and "Hear me Now" this year. The album "Twist in a Story" just after he broke up with his wife in 2008 and that fact goes a long way to explaining the content of the album.



So that is the artist/band I will be listening to this week. I hope you enjoy the band and you find something you can take away from listening to their music that means something to you. Next week it looks like it will be "Peter Bradley Adams" unless something else takes my fancy before then.

No comments: