Sunday, 27 November 2011
Windy Start
It had been a very windy night and it was a very windy morning too. Thankfully as the day went on the wind died down and and it didn't turn out to be too bad outside. It was just a shame that the ground never dried out again, but that is the time of the year it is. I like going out with the girls and although it is fun wherever we are it just nice to get out of the house.
Lucy decided it was my turn to get up this morning and the first thing I heard was her little voice calling my name and I went into her room to see her. Soon she had gathered her things and we both carried them down and she settled down to watch television in my chair while I made her a drink, followed by her breakfast. It was while Lucy was having her breakfast that I popped into the garden and spotted a pheasant near the tree. It the second time I have seen him, It amazing what we get in the garden in terms of wildlife.
After breakfast I turned off the television and we played together. I was very aware that we had to be reasonably quiet, as there were two tired girls upstairs having a sleep over. This was reflected in our play and we tried to stay in the family room were we played with the train set and the other toys. We even had some story time, which she enjoyed and we played with the art set that Father Christmas had given her the day before.
Eventually Lucy couldn't wait any longer to see the Catherine and her friend and looking at the clock I said she could go and wake them up gently. I didn't want her doing what she does to Emily to a house guest. I'm sure the shock of having a four year old bouncing on you wouldn't encourage Catherine's friend to come back again. Thankfully, Lucy listened to me, I heard no jumping about, and when she came downstairs. all she said was that they were getting up.
When both girls came downstairs, they both settled in the family room for a while, both Catherine went off to get both of them some breakfast. Lucy joined them and entertained them in her own way. I'm not sure they appreciated it, having just got up but both them didn't show it if they did. As always Catherine's friend, like Emily's friends became her friend instantly, and she wanted to play with her too.
Eventually Catherine and her friend decided to play on the Xbox, but there is only two controllers and Lucy didn't want to be left out, so they gave her one of the Xbox 360 controllers and she pretended to be playing with them. She was so proud of herself and kept coming in to give me a cuddle and tell me how well she was doing and how fast she was driving her car with Catherine's friend. It such a magical age that is full of wonder.
As time moved on we had to swap Sunday's lunch with Wednesdays dinner in the menu. There wasn't time to do a full blown roast and in the end we had Roast Chicken Potions with stuffing, spring greens, peas, sweetcorn and potato wedgies. It was just quicker and meant I had more time to enjoy Lucy and Catherine's time together, and given the time it would be less of a rush getting Lucy ready to return to her mummies later in the day.
Given I had changed the menu, we needed to do a quick shop to get the chicken. This didn't take long, but during that time Catherine's friend had to go home to do her bedroom, it turned out. She was staying for dinner and Catherine and her friend were a little upset, but it couldn't be helped. Lucy was a little put out about not saying goodbye to Catherine's friend but soon got on with playing with Catherine while I got on with lunch.
After lunch the Catherine and Lucy got on with enjoying the time they had left together before it was time to get ready to get Lucy ready to leave. When that time came we got Lucy into the bath, thankfully without the panic attack, and soon we were blow drying her hair and getting in her clean clothes ready to go back. After I had packed her bag with all the things she had brought with her plus a few extra's when headed out to the car.
The drive back seemed deathly quiet even compared to those of the past. Even before she left Lucy said she wanted more sleeps, but what can I do. It isn't a drive I like on the way back and I don't think I ever will. I will never get use to it. As usual we tried to liven the atmosphere but for some reason today it didn't work. Soon we arrived in the city and we dropped her off and after a hug and a kiss and a promise to be good for her mummy she was gone.
From Leicester we headed up the A46 towards Newark and the A1. We were off to pick up Emily and bring her back to Rutland. It seemed a long drive when combined with dropping Lucy off, especially with all the road works along the way, but listening to the chat show helped make it all easier and we managed to arrive on time. Unfortunately, there were roadworks north of the pick up point and I had to wait until Lucy's two older sisters were reunited.
Eventually when Emily turned up she was full of stories of what she had been up to and the musical she had seen. It sounded like she really enjoyed it and it was a lovely way to spend the drive back to Rutland listening to her tales. I was so glad she got to see her mum and better still enjoyed the time she had alone with her.
By the time we got back home the girls just had enough time to relax for an hour before they went of bed. They had be fresh for school. It was a shame that they couldn't be together longer before bedtime but it couldn't be helped. Catherine and myself had left the house at four and we didn't get back eight, but they didn't seem to mind to much as they were both tired from the day.
I have had a lovely weekend with Lucy. I love her and her sisters to bits. I would still love to have Lucy longer on the weekends I see her, although I understand why it is like this now, it doesn't make any logical sense, it isn't really how things should be. Maybe we should have talked more in the past and now we don't speak at all. It is horrid how things are and that is exactly how it makes me feel most of the time. It hurts the way things are. I'm sorry for Lucy it is this way, but I'm sure it will get better one day.

3 comments:
Don't give up it will get better.
I won't but there is evidence it will. It still just hell as Friday went to prove. I am the one to blame and that is the way it will stay it seems. Guess I will have to live with it, but do you know what, it all makes me feel shit. I did wrong but I wasn't the only one. Like I say I didn't want this.
Just stick with it.
Post a Comment