Sunday, 11 March 2012

Happy Birthday BBC 6 Music

Having stopped listening to BBC Radio 6 Music daily when it appeared it was slowly being over taken over by BBC Radio 2, I almost missed the fact that today the station is 10 years old. It was only by chance I was in the kitchen and turned on the radio to hear the start of a weeks long celebration.


Two or three years ago I use to listen to the station almost non stop during the evenings. as well as when I could during the day. The music it features and introduced me to was simply amazing. Like many other listeners I joined the campaign to keep the station n the air when it was announced that the station might close. The station seemed to important to close and it was playing great muisc the main stream stations wouldn't touch, including music from many of independent lables. With the station playing music and live sessions from the last ten years I think I will be listening for the coming week, when I can. Hopefully listening again will bring music with a difference back into the house. Something that has been missing recently. As part of the celebrations for the next week I will write posts on some of the artists I have heard and like on the station past and present.

No comments: