Wednesday, 14 March 2012
Different Music for Wednesday
Listening to BBC Radio 6 Music reminded me of some of the great music I have discovered through the station in the past. It got me going through my iTunes library and dipping in music I have heard for years.
There is some music you come across that just grads you and takes you off to some dreamland with the way the words and the words combine to make you mind drift into some other place. One such group hat comes to mind is Hope Sandoval and the warm Inventions whose sound owes a lot to the amazing voice of Mazzy Star. The track I have featured is another great track played on 6 Music, that made me take note of the group, "Blanchard".
I have always had this love of music that takes you places and has a fresh distinctive sound and this group certainly ticks all those boxes. It might not be everyone cup of tea but I like it and it makes such a change from the more popular music played on mainstream radio stations. If you fancy something different they are worth listening too.
No comments:
Post a Comment