Monday, 12 March 2012
Music for Monday
I was listening to BBC Radio 6 Music and I was pleased to find that the station hadn't completely sold out to the BBC Radio 2 brigade which was the way it seemed to be going last time I listened. The show that really made me sit up and listen was the presented by Gideon Coe. It started at nine and the evening and finished at midnight, and it is well worth listening too.
A band that took my fancy was "Sergeant Buzfuz" and the historically correct three part song called "Here Come The Popes". I just loved the idea of putting history to music artistically, after all it is method of telling stories that probably dates back from mans first attempts to sing and create music.
The band themselves are from, according to their Facebook page, from London and they have been recording together since 2000 when they released their first seven inch single called "Plugged in". Since then they have recorded four full albums, a number of singles and various collections of tracks. If you want to see them live they can regularly found doing gigs in the London area and occasionally nationally.
Listening to there music it is a surprise that they haven't made more of an impression in the music world. Their sound is sound is distinctive and very pleasing to the ear, and their song writing is interesting. Hopefully with more exposure on the Radio we will be hearing more of them in the future. As for the show I listened to, I will certainly be listening to it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment