Thursday, 15 March 2012

Thursdays Music

Once again I have been listening to BBC Radio 6 Music during my free time. I really warming to Gideon Coe's show late in the evening on the station. What is even better is I am discovering new artists that I like and want to hear more of in the future. Some hardly known others from the past and well know in the music world but who have been forgotten and who are still recording.


Tonight their was a group on the show called "Soap and Skin" performing a song called "Wonder". The group is lead by the Austrian artist Anja Plaschg who describes her work as an experimental musical project. All the songs are her own arrangements and feature, in the words of a NME review, icily rolling piano, violin and sudden, jarring fizzes of electronics which tell tales of crushed love and innocence. What she creates is a haunting melodies which she combines with thoughtful lyrics to which she adds the beauty of her voice.

She recorded her first album at the age of eighteen, achieving top ten sucess in her native land and making the charts in Germany, Belgium and France. Many critics have already tipped her to be the next big success to come out of Australia, and I can understand why. I know I want to hear more of her music. So once again thanks to this wonderful station I have someone new to listen too.

No comments: