Thursday, 17 June 2010
Cakes
Just a quick update on what has been happening on the days while I work.
Well with the weather being fine I haven't seen much of the girls. They have both been out most of the time enjoying the lovely warm weather.
On Tuesday Emily took part in the Rutland Schools sport event and I took I decided that it would be nice for Catherine and me to do some baking so we made a chocolate sponge cake covered in milk chocolate. They both loved it and saved some for their packed lunch the following day.
Wednesday was a quite day at home after a long day at work. Both girls spent most of the time outside having fun. Although emily fell out with Charlie, but that is nothing new. Sure they will be best of friends again soon.
Today it was Emily's turn to do some baking and we made another sponge cake this time covered in icing. We did this while Catherine played with her friend that she had round after school. Catherine had a great time with her friend and I tasted some of Emily's cake and it was lush.
Sometimes I wish I could do more with them on the days I work but I know they know I have to get up early and I'm generally tired so I can on do what I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment