Monday, 14 June 2010

Back to the Farm

The sun seems to deserted us again for a while after briefly showing it face yesterday between the clouds. Not the sort of morning that makes you want to jump out of bed but I had to get up to get the girls to school and in any case Lucy was coming for the day.

The Emily and Catherine got up late compared to normal for a school day with Catherine appearing first just with enough time for breakfast, while Emily lazed in bed until the last minute. I think they made it to school on time just. Hopefully they will be better at getting up for the rest of the week.

At 10 I went off to get Lucy from her Mummies and we head off to the shops to buy something for lunch. We had a lovely time in the supermarket. Lucy sat in the trolly pretending to drive as I pushed her round as fast as was safe making the noises as we went round the corners. Not sure what the other shoppers make of it but most of them seem to smile and it makes Lucy and myself happy and we didn't crash. 

When we got home we started to play trains for a bit, then she played a game of chase with george in the garden before she finally settled down to do some drawing with some pens she had found. I made the fatal mistake of not watching her for 2 minutes with the pens while I cooked her lunch and when I returned she looked at me, showed me her arms and said doggie. She was covered in spots and looked a dalmation and was quite proud of herself. Thankfully the pens are water soluble and it soon washed off and I quietly explained that it really wasn't the thing to do. I think one day I will have a go at face painting with her I think she will love it. 

After we finished our lunch of bacon sandwiches we had a drink and got changed to go out of the afternoon to the see the piggies. She wanted to go yesterday afternoon but there wasn't time and I promised her we would go today. So off we went singing and seat dancing in the car.


Lucy loves the piggies. She headed straight off to the barn as soon as she got out the car. Like the last time we were there they were all having a midday snack of mummy pigs milk. They all look so cute and I can see why she loves them. We must spent a good 15 minutes looking at them and the three pigs in the pen next to them. She wanted to go into the other barn where the other pigs are kept but that was closed so off we went to see the small animals before we headed of the tea rooms. 

In the tea rooms I ordered a coffee for me and a squash for Lucy and we picked a table and waited for it to come. Lucy in true form charmed the girl that served us and managed to get herself a slice of free cake without really having to do anything but that was not all. The girl came back with the cake, a map of the farm with the names of the animals on it, a apple for the donkey and a carrot for the horse. She asked Lucy to feed them for her because was busy in the shop. lucy face lit up at the prospect of feeding the animals. While we drank our drinks Lucy spied a toy farm on one of the tables and quickly went over to play while I finished my coffee and the cake she had left. I must say the cake was very very yummy!

After we finished in the tea rooms we headed out to the farm with our apple and carrot in hand to find the donkey and the horse to feed. Lucy wasn't sure how to give the donkey the apple but in the end I got her to just show it to him and he came over and took a gentle bite from the side of the apple as I stroked his head. The horse we were told could bite so we were much more careful with the carrot. She held it right at the end and pushed it through the fence and the horse took a big bite. She really loved feeding them. We couldn't leave without doing two things. One was go to see the goats and have them follow her around and the other was to see the piggies and say bye bye to them. 


After washing our hands we got back in the car and headed off to see if we could see the baby swans. Unfortunately they are still so small they spend most of the time under there mothers wings and we couldn't see them. So in the end we walked down the bank of the lake a bit with Lucy throwing in the occasional stick while looking at the other birds on the water.

When we got home there was just minutes to wait before Emily and Catherine came home. Emily arrived first and Lucy gave her a big hug and said she loved her and Lucy then repeated the whole process when Catherine came in through the door. All three headed off top the family room to play before lucy came back to me and wanted to watch a little bit of peppa pig before dinner. 

Everyone tucked in to there meal. I must say I love sitting at the table with all of them. Although dinner was a little late it wasn't rushed and we all had fun as we always do. 

The time with lucy passes to quickly for me and today was no exception. I know Emily and catherine feel the same but we make the most of the time and I hope she knows how much we all love her. 

Anyway, it is now time to look in the cupboard for things to make cakes with..... that is part of the plan for tomorrow!

No comments: