Friday, 4 June 2010
Park to Park
It was a lovely early summers day. The weather was hot and sultry. Just the weather to laze about in a park and to enjoy the sun while having a picnic.
As usual I picked up the lovely Lucy at 10 o'clock. It so nice when I pick her up she gives me the biggest hug ever, a lovely kiss and then starts chatting as she clambers in the car.
We arrived home. after a quick detour to the shops for bread where we saw her cousin Katie, and started cooking boiled eggs to make some sandwiches with for our picnic lunch and while they cooked we gathered other treats to add to our goodies bag for later.
With the weather set fine the plan was travel round the parks that surround Rutland water eating at the first park before moving on to the next. With all the parking just costing £2 it was a cheap way to spend the day in lovely surroundings. And I mean lovely, I will never forget when I first saw Rutland water the memories of it beauty will e with me forever.
We first set off the secret park to have our play and have our picnic. It lovely there for picnic's the surroundings are lovely set in woodlands it a lovely place to sit and watch Lucy playing. It is amazing how good and careful she is at climbing up to the slide and how much joy she gets sliding down. She seem to love picnic and all the food and drink. She likes to eat then play and then return for more with a happy smiling face.
After we finished there we set off to find some ice cream from the shop at the adventure play ground further around Rutland Water on the north shore. There Lucy tucked into a ice lolly and another bottle of juice before setting off to play on all the things there are to do there. We stayed there quite a while, occasionally seeking the shade to cool down. Lucy thankfully was really good at keeping her hat on and only lost it a few times, although I guess it didn't matter if she did she was covered in sun cream.
After we left the adventure playground we set off for the south shore to go and look at Rutland water. It always looks bigger from that side than it does from the north shore. You get a real impression of the size of it. Lucy loved the pine cones and I told her how they close up when the air is damp and it is going to rain. She picked one up and carried it with her and later took it home to her mummies.
With time moving on we set off for home. Lucy had a grand time playing as I got dinner. Just a simple pasta dish but she loved every mouthful and the plate was clean by the end. Then it was time for her to go back home to her mummies which she did with a sigh. I think she must have had a good day but my day wasn't over yet...
With Emily, Catherine and Lucy all there mummies I had a lovely evening and managed to go out for a change. Along the way I took the photograph above of the sunset over Rutland Water from the south shore. I was thinking of going out in Oakham but the best made plans of mice and men all go wrong! But that is a story best left untold... One thing is for sure I would never have seen the stunning sunset and the DC3 that flew passed just after I had taken the picture above.
No comments:
Post a Comment