Monday, 28 June 2010

Catherine's Birthday

It was a very special day for Catherine, her tenth Birthday. Strange to think she is ten already when it wasn't too long ago that she was Lucy size. 

Of course Catherine was first up, although she wasn't so bad as to come and wake me up. She just waited to hear me moving before she got out of bed. She couldn't wait to get to her cards and was soon asking for her big present, her first mobile phone. She been talking about the phone for months and she knew exactly which model, network and price plan she wanted. It was great to see her eyes light up as I gave her the box. Now she has a phone she feels so grown up.


After getting Emily and Catherine off to school I set about sorting out Catherine's phone. Registering the hand set, getting her credit and sorting out the price plan. There was just time left to have a very quick shower before getting our Lucy from her mummies.

Lucy and myself came home for a bit to get her changed before heading out to Oakham park for the morning. She had great fun there as always and when she got hungry we headed off for a special treat at the Castle Cottage Café. She was rubbing her tummy saying it was hurting so I knew she needed food. 


At the café I order her a sandwich and a chocolate milkshake while I had a lovely pot of tea. I had never been there before but passed it many times. I must say it lived up to expectations. The food was a bit pricey but the quality was excellent. Lucy was very good at the café but she tends to be very good where ever she is so that wasn't much of a surprise. It was funny when she finished her milkshake and rubbed her tummy and said "all better now". It one of those special moments of fun that remain with you. It was a bit at the end when I came to pay. The woman I gave the money too was amazingly nervous. She was physically shacking. Not sure what that was about, but it was rather odd. Any way we had a great time.

When we returned home we had a party to get ready for. The first thing to do was baking a birthday cake for Catherine. Lucy starting to love making cakes, it is all the licking the bowels out at the end, she full of enthusiasm with anything to do with cooking. I put that done to her mummy who use to bake cakes for school. I try and do that but I don't have the time to bake for the school, although I do bake with the girls.


After the cake was in we started making all the other food and preparing the hot food that would follow the cakes in the oven. Soon we had a complete birthday dinner that we put on the ready to  eat.


Unfortunately Catherine's couldn't come to tea but we had a lovely time munching on all the food. It is nice to do something special and I was so glad that they were altogether for Catherine's Birthday. I know Catherine was so pleased that Lucy was there and that she got a card from Lucy's mummy and and of course dear little Mary. 

The food went down very well and so did the cake. At Lucy's home time we wrapped a bit of the cake Lucy helped make for Mary. I hope she enjoyed as much as we all did. 

I know Catherine had a great party and Birthday weekend. She really enjoyed herself as did everyone else at the party with all the finger food. It great to see them so happy. I love them all to bits.

No comments: