Friday, 11 June 2010
Sort of Nothing Day
It been one of the those days where not very much gets done. The sort of day where you feel the time has gone and you are not sure why.
The morning was grey and the air was still damp when I got up and I really didn't want to get out of bed. It was just cosy and the house felt cold, but I had to get up and make the packed lunches and get Emily and Catherine off to school which I did after several sleep cycles on the alarm clock.
I picked up Lucy at 10 and got some lovely "I love you Daddy" and hugs. I really miss those when she isn't about. We spent the morning doing nothing but playing around the house with Lucy taking off he jeans and refusing to put them back on.
In the afternoon went went to Langham park and to the shops for dinner. She had a great time pushing the shopping trolly around the supermarket. She getting rather good at now and needs hardly any help in keeping it straight. We decided on a simple of dinner of Southern Fried Chicken and American Fries with cake for pudding.
We got home just before Emily and Catherine came home from school. They got ready quickly and we set off for Oakham park for a little play before we cooked dinner. Emily and Lucy had great fun playing with the football on the hill. Emily being the goal keeper at the bottom and Lucy kicking the ball from the top. It is lovely to see them playing together.
We came home and had dinner and it was soon time for Lucy to go home. Quickly we had to get her ready as the time was short. Trust us to lose a sock and not have time to hunt for it. We had to send her back in a pair of our socks. I still dislike the drop off in particular, just because I miss her.
We got home and Catherine went off for a sleep over at her friends and Emily went out to play before coming home to eat cake!
Wonder what tomorrow will bring....
No comments:
Post a Comment