Monday, 21 June 2010
A Monday in the Sun
It was a lovely sunny morning when we all got up and the girls left for school. Not to hot and not to cold and the longest day of the year to boot. Catherine was off on a school trip photographing Rutland as part of a school project and Emily had a normal day at school, her sailing trip isn't until the next week.
I got Lucy as usual on Monday from her mummies and we popped to the shops before coming home to play. She chatted all the way home and I noticed she is starting to get a feel for time and knows some of the days. She told me a few of the things she had been up to which was lovely. In the morning we played dressing up games and outside in the garden on her bike. She really is getting good a peddling her little tricycle now. She loves to park it and fill it full of petrol. It is lovely to watch.
For lunch we had Lucy's favorite "eggies" this time with crumpets and lashings of butter. She loves eggs and tried to eat all my mine too. She seems to like crumpets equally as much, so we can add them to our lunchtime menu. After a lunch we had a drink before heading out for the afternoon.
The destination of our afternoon trips is starting to get predictable. When I picked her up this morning she asked if we could go to the farm, and I said yes, so that is were we headed to see the piggies. We equipped ourselves with an Apple and a carrot for the donkey and the horse and off we set. As soon as we got there it was off to see the piggies, which are really starting to get big now. The bigger pigs were very interested in her little treat collection. Before they ate her apple and carrot we set off to give the donkey and the horse their little treats. I just adored the way she told the horse that he couldn't have the donkey's carrot when he tried to take it off her.
As soon as they were fed it was time to get some juice. So off we headed for the teashop, stopping on the way to fuss Holly the farm dog that was laying in the sun. It is lovely there. The girl that serves us recognised us immediately and proceeded to ask Lucy all kinds of questions about the farm which Lucy tried to answer the best she could. Once inside Lucy head off to play farms with the toy farm yard while she had her drink. Just before we left Lucy spotted some new toys to play with. She was really good when I said we had to go she happily left to go and see the animals again with another apple in hand courtesy of the girl at the tearooms, which was shared between the donkey and the horse.
After we left the farm we had a little bit of time to spare so we headed for Langham park where Lucy played and played until it was time to go home for Emily and Catherine's return from school.
It's always a special "coming home" for the girls when Lucy is here and Catherine got an extra special welcome today. We heard her coming towards the house and and as Lucy heard her open the back door she rushed at Catherine and gave her the biggest hug and said "I love you Catherine" over and over again. It was so lovely to see. Emily got similar treatment when she got home without the surprise run and hug. They all have fun together and today was no exception. Today's play included hanging the naughty teddy bears and soft toys on hangers in the wardrobe which was rather amusing.
For dinner we all sat at the table down to a Sunday lunch to makeup for missing out on Sunday lunch yesterday with them all. They all had a lovely time saying what they had done and eating their food.
Time passes to quickly sometimes and the it was far to soon for the rush of getting Lucy ready to go home. It doesn't matter home many times I do it, it has to be one of the hardest things I have to do. I love her and all her sisters to bits and I feel bad that they can't all be together. But, any way home she had to go and with a kiss and a cuddle from Emily and Catherine we went on our way. There was just one thing different tonight. I had found Mary's picture of her Dad in a broken frame a few days ago and I had fixed the best I could. It was still delicate but I returned to little Mary. The smile on her face was enough to light the whole of Oakham. It was the first time we had spoken in ages. God bless her and her Lucy.
No comments:
Post a Comment