Monday, 27 August 2012
End of the Bank Holiday
Well, the Summer Bank Holiday is over and it has lived up to it reputation of rather dodgy weather, but having that given the summer we have had I guess it was to be expected. Now it is all back to work, for those lucky enough to have work until the next set of Holidays and for many that will be at Christmas which is a little over four months away. As for the summer it has less than a week to go before the turn of the season.
It has been a funny summer in lots of way and lots of things have changed unexpectedly and this Bank Holiday weekend is just another of them. Thankfully it has been a good Bank Holiday and a lot of fun has been had going to places I have never been to before. Hopefully what I have missed out can wait for another a year when all the girls are together. I did manage some of the things I had planed, the steam engines in the village, the steam train travelling from Oakham to Melton, so not all was lost.
What I did notice today was the chill in the air it is just like summer is running out on us now and the cold winter is looming. Not that winter is all bad, but I do love the summer and the fun that can be had in the sunshine. Let's hope we have another Indian summer before those cold days come along.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Bank Holiday
No comments:
Post a Comment