Thursday, 2 August 2012

Home Sweet Home

Another one of those mixed bag weather days that have made this summer what it is. It's not something anyone wants but what we have been given for some reason. The result was the plans to go out in the afternoon were foiled yet again.


I had a lovely early morning with Lucy until eventually until I gave in and let Lucy wake up Emily in the middle of the morning.  At this point Emily took over playing with Lucy for a while until Catherine turned up from her sleep over and had her turn before lunch.

The afternoon was much like the others. A mixture of playing, games and watching videos together, with the rain preventing trips to the outdoors. We did anything we could think to do to pass the time and to have some fun. This all took us through to dinner, more play and bedtime for little Lucy and then everyone else.

The thing I have gained most about the time we have all had together, so far, is that families make homes. Having little Lucy here is a delight and she certainly makes the place come alive with her chatter. I just love the way she has fitted in and found her spot within the family, she just seems so at home.

No comments: