Sunday, 12 August 2012

Back Together Again

At last it was time for Lucy to return home to village and the last time of the summer she had to spend some time with her big sisters before they disappeared for the holidays. It was also a day I had to fight for, and fight I did because this one was the last one she would spend with her sisters for weeks and to me that made it a special one, but more of that at the end of the post.






The drive to Leicester to pick up Lucy never seems as long the drive back home after I have dropped her off. I just guess it one of those things that will never change. It was lovely to see her again and she looked so different with her short straight hair. Must say I did miss her curls and her longer hair but former will reappear and the hair will grow in time, I hope.

On the way back to the village we drove back via Melton and popped into the county park. Lucy loved the aerial runway the last time she was there as well as the playground. So it seemed a great place to take her before going home to see her big sisters. Once again she seemed like she had been going down the aerial runway on her all her life. She had great fun and that is what I wanted, I love seeing her smile, it is infectious. A good start to her week at home in the village.

When we finally got home she got and massive welcome from everyone. Everyone was pleased to see her including George the dog her just goes wild when he first sees her. As I was getting on with lunch and the girls were making up for lost time in the family room, after Lucy took her things to her bedroom.

After lunch Emily, Catherine and Lucy spent most for most of the afternoon in the family room playing various games. If one her big sisters left to do her own thing then Lucy would just play with the other until the missing one returned. Occasionally I would be included in one of Lucy's games but mainly she played with her sisters. This was fine by me, and it was what I wanted. It also allowed me to get on with cooking dinner.

In the evening we had a roast Sunday Dinner with all the trimming which we all ate around the table. It was lovely to have everyone altogether for a meal. After the meal Emily and Catherine played with Lucy until it was time for her bedtime and after a story from each of them, I read her a final story and then gave her a kisses and cuddles from the people she loves before she fell asleep. 

After Lucy went to sleep Lucy's big sisters got on with watching television and playing on the computers before they went off to bed. They have a busy morning ahead of them tomorrow. One thing I love is to pop in to Lucy's room before I go to bed to check she is alright, it is just special being able to tuck her in and it a phase that doesn't last forever. 

At the start of the post I said I had to battle with Lucy's mummy for the day and the reason I did this was because it was the last time the girls had together at the end of the summer. What I didn't realise, because I wasn't told, it was that Lucy's Grandfather was over from France having, from what I can work out, brought back her other sister from her holiday. I didn't realise this until he opened the door when I picked up Lucy. At the end of the day I can only go on the information that I'm given or in this case guess at after the event. 

If I had known we could have made a compromise and met in the middle. Lucy could have had the morning and Sunday Lunch at her mummies and the afternoon and Sunday Dinner here. That way nobody would have missed out completely. 

I hate all the fighting over Lucy and everything else, it seems so pointless and always will to me. It is not good that it happens at all and it doesn't make anything any easier. I hate the hate, it is the last thing I want. Having the just simple facts makes things so much easier and allows the middle ground to be found. Hopefully if we find ourselves in this position again where we both want her time we won't be in the position that one of us ends up missing out if it is avoidable. It is so important that we share time with her, after all it is not what either of us wanted for her at one time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame you cant just work things out.

Anonymous said...

Have to agree the last comment, you both should talk.