Tonight sees the final of Britain's Got Talent and I thought I would write down my thoughts about each act this year as well as comment on the final result of the show. A sort of live blog entry, written as the show progresses.
Hopefully if the Judges and the public got it right we should be in for a good show, and there is the mystery of the wild card, who has turned out deservedly to be the The Mend. So here goes with my real time thoughts of each act:
The Mend (Group)
A good choice for the wild card, they seemed popular on Twitter when they were on the first time. Love the remix sound of music they produce. What is good about them is they sound like an established band, rather than a finalist of Britains Got Talent. It was an amazing start to the show.
Sam Kelly (Solo Artist)
Mr nice guy himself, he is so humble. He has an amazing original voice that is rather lovely to listen too. I'm glad he chose something that showed he had power in his voice as well as control. Amanda in the semi-finals wanted something with a bit more power in it and he sure delivered tonight. Lovely song choice tonight.
Nu Skool (Dance Group)
A change from the singers, a dance act. Love the way they have the school look and I get this vision of what Waterloo Road the Musical would look like.They are very slick and visually stunning to watch. They are great dancers and little girl with the freckles is just cute. They have masses of energy.
Molly Rainford (Solo Singer)
Back to the singers with the little person with a massive voice. She sounded just amazing tonight. So confident for someone so young in the final of a major show with an audience of millions. She did everything that was asked of her and more. What ever happens tonight this girl has a career in music waiting for her.
Loveable Rouges (Group)
The cheeky singers that met and started singing as a group at university. I loved their sound it is just amazing, They sort of remind me of Lily Allen in a way, but in the form of a male group. I there is a sense humour in their sings that just makes you feel good. Great song tonight and a great performance. They deserved all the cheers of the audience at the end. They are amazing.
Kai & Nataila (Ballroom dancers)
Something completely different, a pair of young ballroom dancers. What I love about this pair is that they do ballroom dancing without making it look like they are doing ballroom dancing. They even pick music you wouldn't expect to hear in any ballroom. Not perfect tonight but one of them was carrying an injury. You can see a lot of people young taking up ballroom dancing after seeing them on the show.
Aquabatique (synchronised swimmers)
These seem a bit odd for a variety act, in that I don't know how they would get the tank on the stage in a theatre. That aside, it is amazing what they do especially given so much of it is underwater. Loved their choice music tonight, and I thought they upped their game. I still don't know how they manage to hold their breath for so long when they are doing things that physically must require a lot of oxygen.
Rayn Shaughnessy (solo singer)
What I love about this chap is he is not only a good singer he is also a good songwriter and he has a big heart. I love his voice and I loved his song tonight, it was just so so beautiful. It was the sort song that just brings a tear to your eyes. I can't praise his song writing ability high enough. He is one of the first acts of they night I think should win the show for his performance. It was so emotional.
Only Boys Aloud (Male Voice Choir)
Now for a change of music style and language and what ever happens tonight Wales will be proud of them. I love the way they start with the two solo artists before bring the whole choir in. It just builds the sound so magically.. The songs are so beautifully arranged as well as sung. What is more impressive is it doesn't matter they are singing in Welsh. I'm not a fan of this sort of music but what they do is very impressive.
Ashely and Pudsey (Dog Act)
Now for something a bit different, a dog act that Simon Cowell loves so much. Pudsey is an amazing dog and so well trained by his owner Ashely. Loved the music and the mission impossible theme of the act. What I think is really impressive is they have done a different routine for every show and tonights was the best yet. If ever a dog act had a chance of winning this one has everything going for it.
Charlotte and Jonathan (Opera Duet)
Now for a type of singing I'm not a fan of, but this pair are simply amazing. They both have incredible voices and the power in Jonathan's voice is incredible. I love they way they picked a song that sound a bit more contemporary and not too operatic from the start. It was so beautifully sung and they are so young and talented. The power they both have just blows you away. Great performance tonight.
To be honest, after getting to this point in the competition I haven't got a clue who is going to win. There are so many so incredible acts tonight and so many winners. Anyone could win with just a few exceptions. It has been the best Britain's Got Talent final I can actually remember. So coming to the result, the final placing, in reverse order is:
Only Boys Aloud.- Third Place
Charlotte and Jonathan - The Runner Up
Ashely and Pudsey - The Winner
If a dog had to win the show, then the most amazing one I have ever seen managed to do it, and Pudsey is such a cute and cool dog. Not sure what the dog will do with half a million pounds, but after the Royal Variety Performance he can retire and eat steak and gravy for the rest of his days.
One thing is for sure I can see a lot of people doing well out of this years show, there were so many good singers and three of them singable and ready to make albums that would do well in the charts. That fact alone shows how amazing the show has been this year. I could watch tonights show all over again, it was simply the best year ever.
Finally my prediction, well I got it wrong, but I just know that the Loveable Rouges are going to get a record deal out of this and they are going to do well. I love all they have done over the course of the show and I can't wait for their first album.
No comments:
Post a Comment