Tuesday, 22 May 2012
Langham Junction Swans
With it being such a lovely day, especially compared to the weather we have had so far this month, so I took the opportunity to go for a walk out in the countryside. Along the way I stopped off to visit the swans at Langham Junction to see how they are doing.
The current situation is that the mother is still sitting on her eggs, while the male is protecting her from the Mallard Ducks that seem to make a nuisance of themselves. While I was their the female carefully turned the eggs while the male collected material to sure up the nest, before setting to work to make the nest secure. It is amazing how well they can handle the reeds to build the nest with their long necks acting like cairns.
It was a lovely way to spend half an hour or so, just sitting and watching them on the bank. I can't wait until the little ones hatch and I can go and see them with the girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment